GDT: HF Boards GDT | 03/14/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
That's a weak call against Hejda. He has every right to continue skating, Calgary player tries to skate through him and spins into the boards. Not a dive like CBC was suggesting, but shouldn't have been a penalty.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
That's a weak call against Hejda. He has every right to continue skating, Calgary player tries to skate through him and spins into the boards. Not a dive like CBC was suggesting, but shouldn't have been a penalty.

Looked like he lost his footing. These refs have just been brutal. Constant non calls then the calls they make have been so chincy.

CBC calling it a dive too. What a joke:laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
10 seconds left in LA. Draw in Preds zone.

Ballgame. Preds hang on.

Really tough loss for the Kings. You are up 1 at home entering the 3rd, you gotta get at least a point.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Gaudreau and Monahan look more and more like a Kane and Toews Lite every time I see them play.

Calgary could have something special with those two, never mind Sam Bennett.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was a good, patient win from the Preds. It had to have been a little disheartening to have nothing to show for two periods of solid work, but they stuck with it and it paid off. It was also their 600th franchise win and Rinne's 200th win, so it was rather special. The Preds and Rinne owe Muzzin a gift basket for the game-winner.

The Kings make me laugh. They didn't actually give full effort in the game until they were finally down a goal. It's just like how they treat the regular season: do just enough to keep their heads above water and give full effort only when it's desperation time. They were in a playoff spot tonight, so their effort reflected that.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I don't like to complain about the refs, but man alive did they ever botch the Flames/Avalanche game.

Weak stuff on both ends of the ice with most of the calls. I think some of the uncalled plays were more warranted than just about every actual call they made.

Still, at least they swallowed their whistle more than overcalling. Overcalling games I find a far worse fate than what was witnessed, it destroys the flow of the game and usually one team gets the PP advantage so it tilts the game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Avs within 5p :naughty:

5pts maybe, but still 3 teams ahead of them. It's one thing to be 5pts back, with only 1 team to leap... but 5pts with 3 teams to leap is a much taller order.

San Jose may not be the toughest to leap, but the Kings and Jets are going to be a MONSTER obstacle for you guys!

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Avs now 18-11-3 in the last 32 games. Even though the playoffs are a longshot at this point, I'm glad they seem to have salvaged the season and Roy has shown the ability to make adjustments.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
5pts maybe, but still 3 teams ahead of them. It's one thing to be 5pts back, with only 1 team to leap... but 5pts with 3 teams to leap is a much taller order.

Thanks Minnesota fan. I'm not too concerned about San Jose and I believe Winnipeg is falling apart.

I would say they're actually 7 points out because they won't catch LA and should be looking at Calgary who are 6 points up but hold the tiebreaker by far.

So they need to pass San Jose, Winnipeg and Calgary. Nearly impossible, but there's hope left.

Basically, LA is going to replace Calgary and Colorado is going to replace Winnipeg if it happens.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
zibifYM.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Including the Flames... the ROW tie-breaker is in the hands of the Flames, Kings, Jets and Sharks over the Avs currently, so add a point on trying to pass each.

Not too bad tonight for the falling apart Jets to take down the 91pt Lightning... You may be calling that too soon.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Including the Flames... the ROW tie-breaker is in the hands of the Flames, Kings, Jets and Sharks over the Avs currently, so add a point on trying to pass each.

Not too bad tonight for the falling apart Jets to take down the 91pt Lightning... You may be calling that too soon.

Did you read the part where I said the Flames hold the tie breaker? And yeah, Tampa isn't going anywhere this year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Did you read the part where I said the Flames hold the tie breaker? And yeah, Tampa isn't going anywhere this year.

Calm down, I was just pointing out that ALL the teams the Avs are chasing hold the tie-breaker, not just the Flames. ;)

Not saying Tampa is winning the cup, but they're a good team, and you can't write off the Jets so easily is all.

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa kind of shot themselves in the foot though with that hit. Not that i think Avs are making it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad