OT: HF Boards and Pop-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I don't seem to have the same issues. Occasionally yes but not on the regular. Pop up audio ads are frustrating for sure. Depending where you are it's terrible. Should not be any need to pay money to traffic a site that generates revenue already. If they want more $ thru ads or posters paying a fee to sponsor the site, traffic will slow down, so be it if so. Their loss.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
If it's not worth 12 bucks. You have 3 choices.

1. Find an alternative to help remove pop ups. (I'm sure there's enough posters here who could help with a solution)
2. Find another site to discuss hockey that doesn't have pop ups.
3. Put up with the pop ups and stfu.

It seems like it's pretty easy to me.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

1. Find an alternative to help remove pop ups. (I'm sure there's enough posters here who could help with a solution)

Thanks for the advice. Having a bad day?
Stfu lol. Thats what people not willing to have a discussion say (or post anonymously write;)) It's an immature response. Cool if that's how ya ride.
You invested n making $ from the site? Just asking for transparency.
Bite the hand that feeds the site the site will become irrevelant. Cool response 10. I'll refrain from the keyboard warrior tough guy posts.
Like I posted 10, in my next post, isn't much of an issue for me. Except the audio stuff that starts up randomly. Ya musta missed that before your response or ignored it. It's not a good thing long term for the site. JMO. It'll slow traffic ( hence the thread to start with lol)
No worries here. When it's an issue for me I'll move on. Have a good long weekend.
Plenty of avenues to discuss hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I caved and I paid for sponsorship a few months back. My PC wasn't too affected by the ads but my mobile experience was horrible...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
For the amount of time that most of you spend on here. To eliminate these issues. It's worth it to pay the 12 bucks and just become a sponsor.
That’s what I did, even though I’m not as active as years ago it’s only $12. My wife spends more than that daily at Starbucks so who cares. Lol

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'd be more likely to sponsor if they didn't go overboard with the ads. But I'm just a petty soul who won't buy from places that have really annoying commercials.

I had one Lays and I won't have anymore.
I understand your point. Though for me, commercials don't dictate what I purchase. I'm more of a word of mouth type of person. If for example I respect you, I may purchase something you recommend.

I went through the same dilemma with Spotify. I live in the country, so access to music through my radio is a pain in the ass. My daughter recommended Spotify, which allows you to play songs for free. Though what she didn't tell me is that after every few songs. You have to deal with annoying commercials. Also you could only skip a certain amount of songs every hour.

So I had a choice. Continue to listen with the commercials or pay a monthly fee to remove them. Or look for another way to listen to music/podcasts.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It's not the 12$ for me. It's a sub at lunch.
But there will be more in the future.........
I get pay for play but eventually when ya keep trying to increase the revenue stream thru either pain on the azz ads or pay to play subscriptions the platform falls away n gives way to the next alternative.
It's been repeated 1000x.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It is just becoming way too aggressive and pervasive, the site is just trash right now.
The site was already trash when posters bashed Danault on a day basis. It was hard to read all the bashing of Paccioretty, Desharnais and others. I know it's hard to moderate a site like this one and I have respect for the mods who are in charge. Some posters who are bashing constantly x or y player have the right to express their opinions but I think a poster have to stop bashing a specific player for a while, there must be a kind of rule but where is the limit and how can it be applyed, I don't know. Like when I come with a joke or be off topic, maybe I look like a troll. But anyway this board is still interresting to read and a place to discuss hockey and some other subjects. The pandemic time was not easy to moderate.

I don't experience that exhausting pops, maybe all my computer protection help to eliminate that but I can understand it's painful for others.

Reactions: aresknights

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks for the advice. Having a bad day?
Stfu lol. Thats what people not willing to have a discussion say (or post anonymously write;)) It's an immature response. Cool if that's how ya ride.
You invested n making $ from the site? Just asking for transparency.
Bite the hand that feeds the site the site will become irrevelant. Cool response 10. I'll refrain from the keyboard warrior tough guy posts.
Like I posted 10, in my next post, isn't much of an issue for me. Except the audio stuff that starts up randomly. Ya musta missed that before your response or ignored it. It's not a good thing long term for the site. JMO. It'll slow traffic ( hence the thread to start with lol)
No worries here. When it's an issue for me I'll move on. Have a good long weekend.
Plenty of avenues to discuss hockey.
You're very welcome. No actually I'm having a nice, relaxing afternoon. Thank you for asking.

I simply posted options on how you could handle the issue. If you don't like my options. Feel free to continue to whine and bitch about it. I really don't care. Also being called "immature" by some random poster is devastating. I may have to go get tissues. :)

Nope I'm not affiliated with this site in any way, shape or form. I'm glad that you're going to refrain from the tough guy, keyboard warrior type response. Again, you stated an issue that bothered you. I followed that up with options to fix the issue. So no, I didn't miss or ignore your comment.

I never said the pop ups (either audio or visual) were good for the site. If the site would close down tomorrow. I'll simply move on to something else. Thank you, have have a great long weekend as well.

My browser stars with a F. I don't know if that could help. I have Malw, CC and McA.
If it allows posters here to have a better experience. It can definitely help.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It's not the 12$ for me. It's a sub at lunch.
But there will be more in the future.........
I get pay for play but eventually when ya keep trying to increase the revenue stream thru either pain on the azz ads or pay to play subscriptions the platform falls away n gives way to the next alternative.
It's been repeated 1000x.
Of course there will be more in the future. This is a business. They should be looking for ways (within reason) to create more revenue. It's up to you as an individual to see if continuing to come here, is right for you.

Personally for me 12 bucks a year is a bargain for my entertainment dollar. Like you said, you spend that much for a sub at lunch. Others may not have the extra 12 bucks, and that is fine. But if you do, and it helps make your experience here more enjoyable. I can't see why you wouldn't.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Wrong. Things won't change if you don't complain about it.

Reactions: aresknights

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You're very welcome. No actually I'm having a nice, relaxing afternoon. Thank you for asking.

I simply posted options on how you could handle the issue. If you don't like my options. Feel free to continue to whine and bitch about it. I really don't care. Also being called "immature" by some random poster is devastating. I may have to go get tissues. :)

Nope I'm not affiliated with this site in any way, shape or form. I'm glad that you're going to refrain from the tough guy, keyboard warrior type response. Again, you stated an issue that bothered you. I followed that up with options to fix the issue. So no, I didn't miss or ignore your comment.

I never said the pop ups (either audio or visual) were good for the site. If the site would close down tomorrow. I'll simply move on to something else. Thank you, have have a great long weekend as well.

If ya don't like my post stfu lol. Is that better lol. Bitch and whine?
The post you responded to was a 2 letter post. No bitching or whining.
I also said wasn't a big deal for me generally but hey make up whatever narrative ya like

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The Habs mods have no decision power on such things. This is not the right place for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad