HF Board Update questions/issues thread

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Pop-up spam ads at the top/bottom of the page. Plus, pop-up spam ads between posts. And when the board is slow or broke (like now), you can always count on pop-up spam ads populating when content won't. And pop-up spam ads covering content is absolutely inexcusable. I'm about done with this site. I spend too much time dodging, closing, Xing out, and avoiding spam pop-up ads. This site has gone the way of the Denver Post. An infestation of ads! Yuck!

And I had to close multiple ads while typing this post!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The worst thing about the ads isn't the number (way too damn many) or the way they block the content (constantly) or the way they make scrolling impossible (because they continue to load and push things around for 30+ seconds) or even the intrusive sounds (god make it stop). The worst f***ing part is that they're impossible to close and get out of the way because of deceptive fake close buttons in the corners, and even if you DO manage to close them so you can finish your post, they just repopulate a couple of seconds later.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The 5+ second delay on loading anything is ridiculous. Wtf
What sucks is no one is ever posting about the status of this site when something is going on. Like us, users, aren't worthy to know what is happening.

I work in IT and when something is f***ed first thing we do is to reassure the users that we are aware of the issue and we are working on it. If it takes time we keep them updated throughout the process and when it's done we explain to them what happened.

This forum has been running like shit for 2 decades and we never know what the f*** is happening. If someone posts a thread on the main board about it it gets deleted instantly.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Is this bad?

Screenshot 2024-03-24 164931.jpg

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I'm about to go over to Reddit. This is nuts.
Got a link?

I have seen this 3 times today already. The Ads are bad but the delay/lag makes it not worthwhile to try and use the site pretty much.
There was a web browser you could use. The ads are lame and not my biggest iss(it’s still lame)

The lag and speed… and how it constantly refreshes and you lose your post. You’re about to see a mutiny hf

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Does anyone know if there's a way to embed NHL.com video now? @forsbergavs32

The media button lists "NHL Videos and Highlights" as an option, but NHL.com changed their site this year, and there doesn't appear to be a way to link to an individual video?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad