HF Board Update questions/issues thread

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Embedded Tweets aren't showing up and some images hotlinked from other sites that usually work aren't showing up either.

View attachment 784406

View attachment 784407
Yeah I get quite a few of those "Loading tweet..." error. I have to click on "Loading tweet..." to see the tweet but even then sometimes it gives me an error that says something like "Something wrong happened".

Last edited:
Reactions: Balthazar

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Can we get rid of the incessant Snapdragon ad please? On my phone it covers the bottom 1/5 of the screen and covers content on the bottom and left side. Totally annoying and irritating 😡

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
For the last 48h or so some users are having problems with their Email on their profile. The problem is with our system and the outlook/hotmail provider .

Users usually recieve something like :

Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to [email protected] or @outlook.com

You need to go to your profile and change your Email to another provider , ex : Gmail.

it will solve the problem

Fred

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Can the mods approach whoever is infesting this board with ads to review and dial the number back significantly please? You got ads at the bottom of the page, ads framing the screen, ads covering up content, ads between posts, ads that start off small then expand to cover half the screen, and who knows what next. It's annoying to try and weed through all the pop-up ads no matter how much of an Avalanche fan I am. How many damn ads is enough? It's sickening. I just had a pop-up ad just cover up this box as I was typing!

Reactions: arun

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Can the mods approach whoever is infesting this board with ads to review and dial the number back significantly please? You got ads at the bottom of the page, ads framing the screen, ads covering up content, ads between posts, ads that start off small then expand to cover half the screen, and who knows what next. It's annoying to try and weed through all the pop-up ads no matter how much of an Avalanche fan I am. How many damn ads is enough? It's sickening. I just had a pop-up ad just cover up this box as I was typing!
Yeah it's gotten worse on the computer, it's actually easier to browse on a phone now. I asked a long time ago and don't remember if anyone answered, but would becoming a sponsor eliminate ads?

Reactions: Avs91 and LTCPain75

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah it's gotten worse on the computer, it's actually easier to browse on a phone now. I asked a long time ago and don't remember if anyone answered, but would becoming a sponsor eliminate ads?
Yes it does on the computer. I rarely use my phone for this site though but I pretty sure there were no ads there as well IIRC.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTCPain75

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah being a sponsor eliminates ads. It’s like $12 a year i think. For how much I’m on here it was worth it for me.

Is that a good thing…? :laugh:

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
This forum has become infested with ads! Now it's affecting how my PC and phone can scroll.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm more worried about the gifs still being broken.

totally-eye-roll.gif

Shit...part of the joke was that the embedding wasn't gonna work.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Where is the update? It’s the same for me, nothing different

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
The pop-up ads on this site are becoming increasingly annoying! Now a relentless pop-ad materializes about a quarter of the way up from the bottom of the screen on my Motorola Android phone and covers content. I had to scroll just to finish this post. Is this what the admins of this site want? Should I have to scroll past or "X" out of pop-ads to see/read content?

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
So many f***ing ads, video ads, slow website and constant auto reloading when reading a GDT or any other thread.

The community is what keeps me coming here but f*** this shit is getting annoying

Same, I get they need ads to pay for the server, but holy hell. Whatever change they made this past week makes me consider joining a FB page over this, it's that bad.

The ads are way too intrusive and not formatted properly, and autoplay ads like the LeoVegas sound is going to be the death of me.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
It would be one thing if the revenue from the ads partially went to fixing the issues this website has. But they don’t.

And that’s a shame.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Same, I get they need ads to pay for the server, but holy hell. Whatever change they made this past week makes me consider joining a FB page over this, it's that bad.

The ads are way too intrusive and not formatted properly, and autoplay ads like the LeoVegas sound is going to be the death of me.
This site has become worse with its ads than the average Euro-league hockey jersey. Way to chase your users away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad