HF Board Update questions/issues thread

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
754FZmM.png
@forsbergavs32 This up there has never been fixed!!

Reactions: S E P H

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Am I an idiot (don't answer that) or is the ability to insert bullet points to our posts gone?
I'm not sure if you're an idiot or not, but I can hopefully point out a few things....
  • There is an icon in the editor area labeled "Unordered list"
  • If you click that it should enter bullet points.
  • When done with your bullet points, you'll want to then choose the icon labeled "Outdent" to return to normal paragraph settings like this...
Hope that helps.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nah I needed people like @Balthazar and @Bill Peckerskull to keep me on my toes

Well in that case, I'll get back to you with the list of changes you should be making. Might take a while to compile though, it's a long list. ;)

At the top of the list, all discussion of defensive analytics should be grounds for banishment unless it's AE/60 with high resolution images to make sure it passes the eye test.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'm not sure if you're an idiot or not, but I can hopefully point out a few things....
  • There is an icon in the editor area labeled "Unordered list"
  • If you click that it should enter bullet points.
  • When done with your bullet points, you'll want to then choose the icon labeled "Outdent" to return to normal paragraph settings like this...
Hope that helps.
  • Thank you!

I've used bullet points after the update and I swear to god I clicked everything last night and couldn't find the botton... I must be losing my marbles. :wally:

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Am I the only one that thinks this wink emoji doesn't look right? ;)

Maybe because it's winking with the right eye instead of the left for some reason? I can't figure out why it doesn't look right to me. Looks more like he got punched in the eye or something.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Uhhhh has anyone else gotten a bunch of the posting features disabled on mobile? For example all ways to edit a post (i.e. bold, italics, images) I have to manually type in the code.

Last edited by a moderator:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So...what determines which of your posts have a signature attached and which ones don't?

Your first post on every page should have signature. There was a problem with it at one time so I think it might temporarily be set to your first post in every thread.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
According to the developer of that add on, they fixed this bug a few days ago. I notified Buffaloed and we'll see if he can install the updated version. At which point we'd be able to allow it once per page again.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Uhhhh has anyone else gotten a bunch of the posting features disabled on mobile? For example all ways to edit a post (i.e. bold, italics, images) I have to manually type in the code.

If you ever can't see an option, try turning your phone to landscape rotation. The amount of things displayed is 100% contingent on how wide your screen is.

Also check your zoom levels.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The auto merging is new to me.

Edit: so I guess the merging thing merges posts from the same user, posts within 5 minutes of each other. This may get cut down to 2-3 minutes. The red lines may also get tweaked. That’s all I know about it for now.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The auto merging is new to me.

Edit: so I guess the merging thing merges posts from the same user, posts within 5 minutes of each other. This may get cut down to 2-3 minutes. The red lines may also get tweaked. That’s all I know about it for now.
So, if I reply to different posts within 5 minutes of each other they automatically get merged? That's idiotic. 2-3 minutes is too long, also.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So, if I reply to different posts within 5 minutes of each other they automatically get merged? That's idiotic. 2-3 minutes is too long, also.
Yeah, I only see an issue if someone posts like five consecutive times with nobody else posting in between, but that so seldom ever happens here.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I only see an issue if someone posts like five consecutive times with nobody else posting in between, but that so seldom ever happens here. Seems like we have a technology for technologies sake, rather than anything really useful.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad