• Yes play him at C permanently!

• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Bull****! What places this this team in “jams” is no one will defend themselves or their teammates while obviously trying to be injured. Price received a full blown Mach 3 run with no other intent other than injury during the game. The only thing that saved his ass? Price was already crouched trying to get the puck. Nothing.
Ekblad slashes and talks trash to Domi. Domi grabs him ready to kick his ass. Ekblad realizes this and looks around for help. Domi punches him in the face and he falls. I don’t see an issue with Domi.’He is a skilled gritty player. Slashes to the joints are just as career ending as concussions. See Saku. Maybe the league should look into this as well.
methot also agrees slashes can hurt

Reactions: jaffy27

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bull****! What places this this team in “jams” is no one will defend themselves or their teammates while obviously trying to be injured. Price received a full blown Mach 3 run with no other intent other than injury during the game. The only thing that saved his ass? Price was already crouched trying to get the puck. Nothing.
Ekblad slashes and talks trash to Domi. Domi grabs him ready to kick his ass. Ekblad realizes this and looks around for help. Domi punches him in the face and he falls. I don’t see an issue with Domi.’He is a skilled gritty player. Slashes to the joints are just as career ending as concussions. See Saku. Maybe the league should look into this as well.
Sorry man but sucker punching someone is bullshit. He is lucky he is only suspended for the pre season.

Reactions: zeeto

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Bertuzzi did get suspended and deservedly so - that was horrible and after Moore had already fought in the game - so ridiculous of Bertuzzi. Plus the original hit wasn't even so bad - I think it was all Marc Crawford's fault stirring up trouble with his "where's the respect?" speech after the Moore hit. And then his player ends Moore's career. Hey Marc Crawford, where's the respect? Horrible.

Anyway, not a very intelligent play by Domi. He was probably nervous and wanted to make something happen but that was the wrong thing to make happen.
My contention is that Bertuzzi should have got the same suspension just for his attempt to go after Moore the way he did. The fact that Moore was badly hurt should be beside the point when the league hands out a suspension. He clearly demonstrated an intent to injure so why only punish him severely if he actually succeeds? We have laws against attempted murder which are just about as severe as actual, successful murder. The NHL should follow this example. But what they do instead is look up at the flag pole to see which way the winds of public opinion are blowing before arriving at a decision instead of just doing the right thing every time.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
& Sucker punch I will not call it like that. Ekblad & Domi was going after each other for a while, they exchange a bunch of cross check,slashing & probably bunch of words. As a professional athlete you cant trust the opps & you have to protect your self at all time. Ekblad knew what he was doing trying to get under Domis skin, dont act innocent trying to provoke a penalty protect your self because youre gonna get yourself hurt playin with other mens temper out there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sucker punches? Those punches are thrown on an opponent who has not been engaged physically and is inware of the impending contact. Ekblad? He was fully engaged and plays ice hockey.
Well if you believe it then carry on. I see it differently. Done debating

Reactions: cphabs

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This was not a sucker punch.

But Ekblad was not engaging in the fight , he essentially cowered. I think at that point you pack it in and skate away after showing the guy up. Last warning. Also a sign to the officials to smarten up.

If Ekblad kept it up after that , I would pop him one.

I think 5 games was over the top. One or two, tops.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
As a habs since a couple of year now I done saw Zednik got knocked the * out against the bruins... I saw Koivu almost got his head ripped off... I saw paches kisses the end of the board near the bench.... I saw Komisarek getting traumatize by Lucic.... I saw tucker tryin to knee to knee koivu or kovy... I saw Price getting dirty hurt by Kreider... I could go on forever so trust me I dont feel bad for Ekblad for one time we are the bad guy and I take it with a smile... Like when Kovy retaliate on tucker if im right i was so glad...

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
To me it would have been a sucker punch if Ekblad like turned away and then he threw the punch when they were done. It was definitely a cheap shot though and Ekblad clearly didn't want to go.

Reactions: habergeon

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Whether or not it was a sucker punch or not, Domi proved he's an animal who will not hesitate to jump other teams' players who take liberties . Let's face it, Pacioretty stanchion, price kreidered , no response at all. I think Domi jumps in.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
W
He probably used his cell phone after the game tho

I like how Galchenyuk was INTOLERABLE to the Habs management at C but Domi is worth a shot our management and ownership are incompetent.

While I think people are overdoing it on condemning Domi, bet you MB is smiling and is glad he moved out Chucky.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Whether or not it was a sucker punch or not, Domi proved he's an animal who will not hesitate to jump other teams' players who take liberties . Let's face it, Pacioretty stanchion, price kreidered , no response at all. I think Domi jumps in.
LMFAO An animal? How about a teammate and player. Can you please describe Subban and other players in your “animal” paradigm?

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Sucker punches? Those punches are thrown on an opponent who has not been engaged physically and is inware of the impending contact. Ekblad? He was fully engaged and plays ice hockey.
He punched him when Ekblad wasn’t looking - he waited for the “right” moment - therefore the suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad