Post-Game Talk: Hey look, another OTL

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Would love to know the reasoning behind the obvious penalty call for breaking Zetterberg's stick.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Mrazek lost us that one. Kid let in 2 definite softys and the third one while it wasn't super soft it should be stopped in that situation

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Team played pretty well against a damn good side tonight only to get cheated by the refs again for the umpteenth time this season and in recent years.

Not only is it getting harder to watch this team struggle, the continued deterioration of officiating standards makes it harder and harder to watch the NHL. So many games being unduly influenced by their incompetence.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Would love to know the reasoning behind the obvious penalty call for breaking Zetterberg's stick.

Zetterberg continues to try and do too much in overtime. That wasn't a massive slash. I know his stick broke, but I just watched two replays. I'm okay with no call. Z gets caught in overtime again..

Sadly, fair loss.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Elliot is right. This was actually a good non-call. Those types of plays, when the stick doesn't break, it's a good defensive play.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
So when you hack a player's stick so bad that you break it in half, that's not a slash?

whatever...officiating in the NHL is a joke. These guys have no idea how to officiate a game, and there is zero consistency in their calls. That ruined the game.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Team played pretty well against a damn good side tonight only to get cheated by the refs again for the umpteenth time this season and in recent years.

Not only is it getting harder to watch this team struggle, the continued deterioration of officiating standards makes it harder and harder to watch the NHL. So many games being unduly influenced by their incompetence.

After the first five minutes we had like no real scoring chances.. Some shots here and there, but nothing great.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Mrazek lost us that one. Kid let in 2 definite softys and the third one while it wasn't super soft it should be stopped in that situation

First goal was incredibly fortunate as he was moving to play the pass only for it to rebound straight to the scorer in the opposite direction to that he was moving. Third goal was just a bullet in the perfect position. Second was soft, but people are looking for reasons to blame the guy

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Zetterberg continues to try and do too much in overtime. That wasn't a massive slash. I know his stick broke, but I just watched two replays. I'm okay with no call. Z gets caught in overtime again..

Sadly, fair loss.

stick broke, it's a slashing penalty. period. been called that way for years

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, should have been a slash call but Z was pretty damn selfish on that play. He had Tatar open on the wing but decided to try to beat 2 players, the back checker and the person in front of him

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Elliot is right. This was actually a good non-call. Those types of plays, when the stick doesn't break, it's a good defensive play.

So when you hack a player's stick so bad that you break it in half, that's not a slash?

whatever...officiating in the NHL is a joke. These guys have no idea how to officiate a game, and there is zero consistency in their calls. That ruined the game.

What Shaman said. I just watched the replay a couple times as FSD is still showing the game. The call was correct.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Would have preferred to not get the loser point. These OTLs are essentially gonna move us from 28th to 23rd, and get us a worse pick.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
stick broke, it's a slashing penalty. period. been called that way for years

I don't believe every broken stick should be a penalty. For example, this call. The slash was really, really minor. The stick just so happened to break. Try to find a replay of this, they will show you a few angles. I'm okay with the call. Not okay with a slow, tired Zetterberg thinking he's Crosby there.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Its two slashes that break Z's sticks in 30 seconds...whether anyone thinks its a good defensive play, the guy snapped his twig in half. Its a slash plain and simple, and one that took him out of the play and created the attack that they eventually scored from. But it would help if the NHL bothered to standardise their rules in some cohesive way that didn't leave 50% of all calls down to interpretation and mood of the officials.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The non-call sucks and all, but at the end of the day mrazek let in 2 goals from low danger areas. The guys inconsistency is mind boggling. Thought they team played pretty well defensively otherwise.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I don't believe every broken stick should be a penalty. For example, this call. The slash was really, really minor. The stick just so happened to break. Try to find a replay of this, they will show you a few angles. I'm okay with the call. Not okay with a slow, tired Zetterberg thinking he's Crosby there.

doesn't matter what you or I think should be a slash. nhl has established that you slash the stick and it breaks, it's a penalty

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

So we go to wood sticks and then slash the other teams sticks. If that is the standard.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
That's just not true. Talk about selective memory to suit a narrative...

Sergei Bobrovsky never had to be great.. He just had to be better than Mrazek. Bobrovsky faced good shots, nothing too great. We had 7 shots in the first 5 minutes. Think we finished with 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad