Hey, Leafs Fans, Tell me the one Thing I Must do in Toronto on Game day.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Hey fellow nhl fans.

I am a Canucks fan from B.C., and I will be attending the February 29th game in the centre of the hockey universe.

My friends and I will be driving into Toronto the morning of the 29th from Ottawa. We will be hitting up the hockey hall of fame. What else though would you recommend is the single most important thing to see in Toronto outside of the hall of fame and a Saturday night hockey night in Canada game?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
The CN tower is within walking distance and is cool enough to do once. Lots of nice restos down in that area too all within walking distance.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Have a walk around the PATH maybe? It's truly amazing. Have an early dinner at the Loose Moose (walking distance to the Scotiabank arena and a traditional place for fans to meet up before a game). If you only have one day, really not much to fit in like going to see the Falls. The good news is there are tons of restaurants and cool shops in the area just north of the arena. Go check out Steve's Music on Queen Street if you're into guitars, etc. Hope you have a fun day.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have a walk around the PATH maybe? It's truly amazing. Have an early dinner at the Loose Moose (walking distance to the Scotiabank arena and a traditional place for fans to meet up before a game). If you only have one day, really not much to fit in like going to see the Falls. The good news is there are tons of restaurants and cool shops in the area just north of the arena. Go check out Steve's Music on Queen Street if you're into guitars, etc. Hope you have a fun day.
Yes, a fun day ending in a disappointing loss.

Go to Real Sports after the game. They had a pretty good band in there after the last game I attended and no cover.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Depends on what you're into... for me I'd go for a walk along queen west and find a good spot for lunch... it's one of the better parts of the city from Claremont to spadina for food. Then I'd also make sure to get the the HHOF. If you're into craft beer then cest what is all Ontario craft for pre or post game beer.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Hit up the distillery district if you want to experience some pricey dining and drinks.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I always hit up Steve's on the rare occasions I'm back up in town. Queen Street in general is a fun walk.

Depends on what y'all are into but I've killed half a day at the ROM.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Has the Hyatt finished renovations? The rooftop bar is a great place for a nightcap. Unreal view of the city.

EDIT: now that I think about it, every time I've been there I've met interesting strangers and had great conversations. A French Canadian metrosexual I met there in 2016 literally saved my life. Oh the people you meet.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If you're getting in to town early enough go this breakfast place called, School. Probably my fav breakfast joint, their chicken and waffles are amazing too.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
seems like the original poster dropped the stinkbomb and vanished

lol some of you guys will fall for anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad