Hextall going for LW after the draft?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't trade for Kane at all. At $5.25M for two more years he's a bad contract value.

I'd give them Read & a second or third rounder at most.

I can honestly say I didn't bother looking at his contract....assumed he was a RFA when his deal was done. Yeah, I would not offer anything good for him, but if we could shed cap going back from Read or Streit, than that is different.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can honestly say I didn't bother looking at his contract....assumed he was a RFA when his deal was done. Yeah, I would not offer anything good for him, but if we could shed cap going back from Read or Streit, than that is different.

Nah Buffalo's just having buyers remorse a year in. He was a boat anchor in their top six last year & still is getting in trouble off the ice.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Give me Landeskog, Kane or Yakupov, i really don't care, we just need more offensive firepower in some form or another. I think Yakupov is talented enough that he may still be able to become a decent 2nd line wing danny briere type.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Cousins + M.Streit + 2nd 2016 for E. Kane

Schenn--Giroux--Simmonds
Kane--Couturier--Voracek
Raffl--Laughton--Konecny
Read--Bellemare--White

i agree... kane may be trouble but if you could get him for a lower offer such as the one above, its worth the risk. Buffalo would get a 3rd line Center and a Top D to contribute to there PP and a 2nd round pick.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Rick Nash only has 2 years left on his contract, and he is a buy low candidate with the Rangers up against the cap. Of course the Rangers would probably be extremely reluctant to deal him to a division rival and there are no hints of a likely trade, but his short term hit looks very attractive compared to the long terms contracts that will be given to lesser top-6 wingers. I think he has very attainable 35-goal upside on the top line. I like short-term gambits on older proven goal-scorers, and these players often have more staying power than many youth-obsessed watchers give them credit for.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cousins + M.Streit + 2nd 2016 for E. Kane

Schenn--Giroux--Simmonds
Kane--Couturier--Voracek
Raffl--Laughton--Konecny
Read--Bellemare--White

i agree... kane may be trouble but if you could get him for a lower offer such as the one above, its worth the risk. Buffalo would get a 3rd line Center and a Top D to contribute to there PP and a 2nd round pick.

They have Eichel, ROR and Larsson at C....and still have Reinhart and Girgensens who can play C. They don't need Cousins. They would prefer Laughton. But really, they would be trying for a top 4 LHD.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They have Eichel, ROR and Larsson at C....and still have Reinhart and Girgensens who can play C. They don't need Cousins. They would prefer Laughton. But really, they would be trying for a top 4 LHD.

KrazyKat rarely even responds to peoples responses to his/her lineups so I dont even bother anymore

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Rick Nash only has 2 years left on his contract, and he is a buy low candidate with the Rangers up against the cap. Of course the Rangers would probably be extremely reluctant to deal him to a division rival and there are no hints of a likely trade, but his short term hit looks very attractive compared to the long terms contracts that will be given to lesser top-6 wingers. I think he has very attainable 35-goal upside on the top line. I like short-term gambits on older proven goal-scorers, and these players often have more staying power than many youth-obsessed watchers give them credit for.

I like Nash where he is: weighing down the Rags.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Id love to see the flyers make a play for joe colborne. Big wingers take longer to develop and if we could bring him in at 2 2.5 he could really blossom here.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
It doesn't matter which reclamation project the Flyers take on as long the contract is no longer than 2 more years.

Because 2018/2019 should be the time when this team is ready to contend.

If chosen player adjusted by then, great.

If not, cya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad