Friedman: "He's close, but im not convinced that Thatcher Demko is a sacred cow (untouchable) in Vancouver"

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd be curious what the Kings would be willing to give up for the California native if Vancouver was willing to take back Petersen's contract as part of the deal

With Byfield having been sent down, Blake's confidence in the former 2nd overall pick has likely dipped somewhat since draft day, and I wonder if he may be ready to include him as part of a trade if it means a significant upgrade to the roster

Kings <-- Horvat (50% ret./ext.), Demko

Canucks <-- '23 1st, Byfield, Grans, Walker, Petersen

Los Angeles get a significant upgrade at C and RD, and an actual NHL calibre goalie with the same cap hit as the outgoing Petersen

Vancouver add a '23 1st and a couple of talented young centres who may welcome the chance at a fresh start with a new organization

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd be curious what the Kings would be willing to give up for the California native if Vancouver was willing to take back Petersen's contract as part of the deal

With Byfield having been sent down, Blake's confidence in the former 2nd overall pick has likely dipped somewhat since draft day, and I wonder if he may be ready to include him as part of a trade if it means a significant upgrade to the roster

Kings <-- Horvat (50% ret./ext.), Schenn, Demko

Canucks <-- '23 1st, Byfield, Turcotte, Walker, Petersen

Los Angeles get a significant upgrade at C and RD, and an actual NHL calibre goalie with the same cap hit as the outgoing Petersen

Vancouver add a '23 1st and a couple of talented young centres who may welcome the chance at a fresh start with a new organization

Byfield was sent down for conditioning since he lost weight being sick for two weeks, it's not an indictment of his play, the Iafallo-Byfield-Vilardi line was our best until Iafallo was injured and Vilardi moved up to save Kopitar's career.

As good as he is and in his prime I cant see Blake purging the forward prospects and a 1st for a guy about to be 28, they've pretty carefully managed this roster into age tiers.

And the LAST thing the Kings need is an RHD.

Simplify it by removing Horvat/Schenn, there's no need for the Kings to pursue anything here but Demko, and they're not giving up on two lottery picks and an additional 1st for him. But I'm not sure what else the Canucks could use from LA because I'm assuming if they trade Demko they're rebuilding and LA is still doing the same, so it's tricky.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Byfield was sent down for conditioning since he lost weight being sick for two weeks, it's not an indictment of his play, the Iafallo-Byfield-Vilardi line was our best until Iafallo was injured and Vilardi moved up to save Kopitar's career.

As good as he is and in his prime I cant see Blake purging the forward prospects and a 1st for a guy about to be 28, they've pretty carefully managed this roster into age tiers.

And the LAST thing the Kings need is an RHD.

Simplify it by removing Horvat/Schenn, there's no need for the Kings to pursue anything here but Demko, and they're not giving up on two lottery picks and an additional 1st for him. But I'm not sure what else the Canucks could use from LA because I'm assuming if they trade Demko they're rebuilding and LA is still doing the same, so it's tricky.

I actually edited the proposal to include Schenn after I'd already posted it because I wasn't sure if Clarke's ready for a full time spot in the lineup

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I actually edited the proposal to include Schenn after I'd already posted it because I wasn't sure if Clarke's ready for a full time spot in the lineup

LA's RHD depth is Doughty-Roy-Clarke-Walker-Durzi-Spence at the moment, if anything, we need an LHD

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I dont watch alot of the Canucks I admit. But he looked terrible last night.
Demko has been awful this season so far. I think last night was his worst showing yet.

He had offseason surgery, and got married. No excuses though, Looks completely unprepared to play. I honestly cant think of many, if any, losses in Demko's career that you can hang on him, but he has had at least 3 so far this year.

I think we run with Martin for a while, giving Demko time to sort his shit out.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Demko has been awful this season so far. I think last night was his worst showing yet.

He had offseason surgery, and got married. No excuses though, Looks completely unprepared to play. I honestly cant think of many, if any, losses in Demko's career that you can hang on him, but he has had at least 3 so far this year.

I think we run with Martin for a while, giving Demko time to sort his shit out.

The offseason surgery was apparently a minor procedure. Demko just seems to have the yips. Confidence is shot

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Isnt the goalie coach the best of the best already ? Or time for an different voice? I can’t see them letting him go when they just extended him?
Different voice might be needed. Carey Price had Stefan Waite as his guy for a long time. When he struggled in the last few years they brought in Sean Burke and Price’s game totally rebounded.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00