Friedman: "Hertl not available at this point in time"

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Kinda the same they have been saying for a while. Will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday most likely to get a better idea

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Good also be posturing to try and raise value

Not quite sure how saying he isn't available helps raise his value.

I could see a few teams inquiring on Hertl and nobody made an offer enticing enough to seriously consider trading him, so they'll see if they can re-sign him. If Hertl doesn't want to sign by the TDL, it makes no sense to keep him.

Reactions: themelkman

SkullKing

Dec 20, 2020
Misleading thread title.

“No longer available” implies he will never be available.

“Not available at this time” (which is what he actually said) means just that, he’s not available now, but could be available later.
*insert big sigh* I can change it if it really means that much to you. I think.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Not quite sure how saying he isn't available helps raise his value.

I could see a few teams inquiring on Hertl and nobody made an offer enticing enough to seriously consider trading him, so they'll see if they can re-sign him. If Hertl doesn't want to sign by the TDL, it makes no sense to keep him.

People always want what they can't have!

Reactions: Groo

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Guessing an extension is making good progress then?
if I had to guess, it's just that they want to keep him and so will not trade him until right at the deadline.

So we can't make any assumptions about how close an extension is. Even if it seems hopeless, I'd imagine that Hertl is at least listening. You have to wonder if maybe Karlsson's timing at coming back is partly to show Hertl that the team isn't aged out and has some years of competition left in it. It might be a good sell if they can get a few wins like they did last night. But, if I'm Hertl I'm looking at July like a huge opportunity to join a team on the rise like the Rangers.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hertl Shark must be alwalys. This is the way.
1647193279463.png

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ok the Sharks sign him. Then what? They'll still be stuck in mud for at least the next five years.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Ok the Sharks sign him. Then what? They'll still be stuck in mud for at least the next five years.
Godddd there’s like 10 other teams I’d rather see him on right now lol. I have no faith SJ will be remotely meaningfully competitive for most/any of his remaining prime. I want to see him in the playoffs through his entire prime, not wait til the Sharks have gone full rebuild and he’s the “veteran presence” who’s main job is to be old around the youngins

He’s the one player I really have been waiting on, Giroux too I guess but I assumed that won’t happen.

Idc if he goes to a rival even

Their best odds of a “quick” ish rebuild would require a bit of luck drafting multiple real gems, not just good players, who can impact ASAP, and they’d still need to surround those guys with depth players because you need 20 good players to be a real contender or 12-15 to do a little damage… best way to do that quickly would be by trading someone notable for a package, but you can’t trade much of that core

Unlike a few of those guys he himself, just talking about the player, would actually be worth a fat contract but contextually he’s not worth it at all. I just don’t get it for either side if he stays

Last edited:

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Their best odds of a “quick” ish rebuild would require a bit of luck drafting multiple real gems, not just good players, who can impact ASAP, and they’d still need to surround those guys with depth players because you need 20 good players to be a real contender or 12-15 to do a little damage… best way to do that quickly would be by trading someone notable for a package, but you can’t trade much of that core
The chance for a quickish rebuild went years ago.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal should target Hertl hard this summer. If Habs can move enough vets this trade deadline to free up caproom. He is the offensive center they need.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Montreal should target Hertl hard this summer. If Habs can move enough vets this trade deadline to free up caproom. He is the offensive center they need.
Why would he want to go to the Habs? That is one of the few teams that are lower in the standings than the Sharks and not by a small margin either.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00