Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Miro has found another gear. Which is great to see because his series against Lehigh was pretty bad overall
1716081283555.png

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Kind of shocking how little ice time Miro got, though.
For me its the coach min/maxing the players he wants per shift. That Hershey 4th line is also, rightfully, getting more ice time.

If I recall correctly Miro was a top 5 prospect before is diagnosis. Still not sure what he'll be at the NHL level. He does have the shot and the physicality. For me would like to see him paired up with a good pass first center.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Did you end up making it to the game tonight DWGie?
Sadly did not make it up. couldn’t convince my son to go up and we ended up at a cookout and watched the Preakness. Then watched the Bears game.

Both of Miro’s goals were awesome. Definitely making a case to stay up in WSH next year.

Great to see Frank going in the playoffs as well. Not sure how well he’ll do in NHL but certainly like to see how he does in camp. There just might not be a spot for him depending on what we do around the draft/FA/Trade.

Lappy shining too. Our best players have been our best players. Great to see!

Reactions: MFHOOD and Calicaps

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
I'm in a weird spot because I don't really care about the NHL too much and live so close to the Bears, they are pretty much my main team. I would always love to see our good players stay but am well aware that's not really the point. Ultimately I hope we can go back to back this year and keep a decent team going, I'll be happy so long as that's the case.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I'm in a weird spot because I don't really care about the NHL too much and live so close to the Bears, they are pretty much my main team. I would always love to see our good players stay but am well aware that's not really the point. Ultimately I hope we can go back to back this year and keep a decent team going, I'll be happy so long as that's the case.
Cristall, Funk, and probably Suzdalev will probably be there next year. Silver lining, at least.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It can be both. I am a Caps fan first, but I buy AHLTV each year and follow the Bears a fair amount. Bear management does a good job of balancing the youth along with AHL vets. I thought they went to heavy on vets this year but turns out it was the right call. Still have some good vets for next year in Ness, Sgarbosa, Vecchione.

Crap, I forgot about that.
Same with Allen. Hopefully Sudz has a good turnaround year and can become an impact player for the bears.

Reactions: MFHOOD

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The Flyers are my NHL team (but I was a Bears fan first- by a year), but over the years I've come to accept the Caps as a second team; I don't follow them intimately, but between the Bears connection and Ovi being my all time favorite player, it's kind of hard not to feel something for them. I followed Hershey and Philly pretty equally most of the time (there was a stretch in the early 10s when I followed the Flyers much more because my family had to drop our season tickets due to financial reasons), but I've absolutely devoted most of my time and energy to Hershey the past five years or so, especially after opting back into season tickets in 2021.

• Wow
Reactions: Pigskin

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I think I'll actually end up liking the Caps more once Ovi retires, lol. When I was younger I followed the Penguins so it's been really hard to adjust to all of this :walrus:
I was a big Mario fan when I was a kid, mostly because he had a cool name and wore 66.

• Wow
Reactions: kicksavedave

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
The Flyers are my NHL team (but I was a Bears fan first- by a year), but over the years I've come to accept the Caps as a second team; I don't follow them intimately, but between the Bears connection and Ovi being my all time favorite player, it's kind of hard not to feel something for them. I followed Hershey and Philly pretty equally most of the time (there was a stretch in the early 10s when I followed the Flyers much more because my family had to drop our season tickets due to financial reasons), but I've absolutely devoted most of my time and energy to Hershey the past five years or so, especially after opting back into season tickets in 2021.
This is a really cool story about winding sports following.

I grew up in DC so have always been a Caps fan. I landed in Raleight from 1991 to 1998 and had season tickets to the Raleigh Ice Caps (ECHL). That was insane times. My season tickets were 225 per seat for the entire season. Then i was an inaugural Hurricanes season ticket holder. The first two years they played in Greensboro so first year I commuted to games from Raleigh. The second year I commuted from Charlotte. Then they moved into RBC and I could only go occasionally. Moved back to DC area in 2001 and have been full hog on Caps since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad