Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2022-2023 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I remember a game my family went to in Oct 2005 where Maxime Ouellette (I think it was the only game he ever played for Hershey) was lit up by Hartford like a Christmas tree, put the Bears in a huge hole and wound up being pulled to the cheers of the fans. This game today kind of reminded me of that, except Hershey scored three quick goals late in that game and nearly tied it. Man, that 06 team was almost never truly out of a game.

Found the box score: not exactly like what happened today, but Max still gave up two quick goals in the first minute of the third and only stopped 14 of 19 shots. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Another from the same season, against WBS, no less, that I was also reminded of today. I think the Pens actually scored more goals in less time in that game than they did today. Didn't get to see this one since it was on the road but I remember being stunned by the box score.
Also check out the powerplays: 10 for Hershey, 14 for WBS. The post-lockout season was something else. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League
Wow, a lot of future caps from that fun Young Gunz team

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Wow, a lot of future caps from that fun Young Gunz team
The 05-06 team is and I think always will be my favorite Bears season ever. Great mix of vets and prospects (as the Bears often have) and of course Bruce behind the bench. It holds a lot of nostalgia for me as I was still a pretty young kid and it was the first year my family had season tickets after attending games fairly regularly for two years. The game 7 OT victory against Portland in round 3 is still the best hockey game I've ever been to (2010 Cup clincher included) and I don't think it will ever be topped.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
i like it when we do this

Attachments

• C88942CC-F656-4E7C-B089-04ED65A0A69E.jpeg
    C88942CC-F656-4E7C-B089-04ED65A0A69E.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 3

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
2022 draft seems to be very interesting so far
Miro - absolute slam dunk
Chesley - playing solid defense in minny, not producing that much, but also isnt getting big offensive minutes
Suzdalev - 36 points in 27 games on pace for 88 in 66, not bad for a rookie and also is one of the *very* few players on his team with good production
Persson: 8 points in 19, 6th in U20 scoring in HockeyAllsvenskan
Everyone else is a project and im not really going to look into, would be shocked if any of them get a contract from wsh unless a breakout incoming

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
These are some scary Dee pairs for the Bears tonight. Thin in WSH as well. How did we get so thin at LD.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
These are some scary Dee pairs for the Bears tonight. Thin in WSH as well. How did we get so thin at LD.

Washington is down their entire opening night left side if Gustafson is out since Orlov and Fever are out as well. Alexeyev was an injury replacement and he’s hurt. Nardella is hurt. That’s five left handed defensemen so yeah, makes sense that both teams are pretty thin there. Snively was playing 1LD with Carlson today during practice.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
fucale man….
I'd say his time in the organization is coming to an end if he continues playing like this with Shep playing the way he is and Stevenson obviously a priority to get development by the big club. Hate to say it cause he was an amazing story but whatever mojo he had, he's lost it.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Shepherd could be hard to sign but we need to make that happen. Good path for him as well as one injury away from playing in NHL. Stevenson in AHL as number two. Gibson (I hope) In the mix but probably SC.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
shepard-stevenson should hold down the bears and be good injury control, with gibson and bjorklund as well as whoever other goalie we may sign/draft, fucale just takes up a space

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
If he keeps playing the way he has been, how long until some other team signs Ethan Frank to a NHL contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad