Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Understandable. They lack a true “finisher” this year as opposed to previous years. My suggestion for Scott Allen would be to split up that top line of Snively-Sgarbossa-Pilon and move those guys around to help even out the scoring with the injuries. Moulson is another one that has seemed a bit off. You could see the frustration on his face quite a bit tonight. Maybe Father Time is finally catching up to him. Or maybe this is just one of those overall situations where the floodgates will open if the team can have a high scoring game in the near future.

A lot of the guys on the PK have played a lot of minutes so far. You’d hope they can really cut down on the lack of discipline because that’s going to wear on them as the season progresses. Allen was very blunt in his postgame presser that they need to stop taking penalties.

They have a solid team that can compete for a cup. I’d move a defender for another forward if they can at some point. Perhaps once Nardella is truly back and in form. That will truly set them over the top.
Yeah, Moulson hasn't exactly been too noticeable this year so far. IIRC he started pretty slowly his first year here too but he's also two years older at this point, which obviously makes a difference at his age. Splitting up line 1 would be for the best, that's most of their primary scorers all on one line. In any case they definitely need more depth up front- last Sunday they were icing a fourth line of Kessy-Morelli-Wittchow- gonna need to do better than an enforcer and a dman to fill in when injuries and callups pile up over the course of the year, lol.

Definitely not worried about the team. They've got a good mix of players and they've got the goalies. They're having a good start, especially compared to the last few complete (or close to complete, 2019-20) seasons. Nothing will ever compare to those 05-10 teams I pretty much grew up with and still have great nostalgia for, haha, but if they can reign in the penalties they should be in good shape going forward.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Anyone know why AJF is not playing? Don't recall him being injured last night, but I may have missed it.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anyone know why AJF is not playing? Don't recall him being injured last night, but I may have missed it.
He played until the end of the game last night so if it was injury related it had to have surfaced after the game. My guess is he’s getting recalled. They did the same thing with Protas last week.

edit: He’s getting recalled for sure:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Much more exciting game imo. Hat trick for Snively, including the game winner late in the third (plus the game-sealer empty netter)!

Gotta love Kempny and Kessy sticking up for Nardella after he went down (ultimately wasn't injured, thankfully). Allen said postgame those are the penalties they're "happy to kill." Nice goal by the big man Kessy too on a good setup by Clark!

W against a previously undefeated team (in regulation, at least) missing a lot of key guys. AJF officially called up. Vecchione and Pinho were out, Franson with a "maintenance day."

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Much more exciting game imo. Hat trick for Snively, including the game winner late in the third (plus the game-sealer empty netter)!

Gotta love Kempny and Kessy sticking up for Nardella after he went down (ultimately wasn't injured, thankfully). Allen said postgame those are the penalties they're "happy to kill." Nice goal by the big man Kessy too on a good setup by Clark!

W against a previously undefeated team (in regulation, at least) missing a lot of key guys. AJF officially called up. Vecchione and Pinho were out, Franson with a "maintenance day."
Glad to hear about Snively's hat trick. How's he looked/played overall? Hometown boy that seemed to surprise some folks with his play during the pre-season. With some of the Yutes getting some time with the big club, interested to see if Snively gets a call up.

Jun 15, 2007
How's Kody Clark? Was surprised when they took him in the second since most lists had him as a 4th rounder.

It's funny that the Caps took Fehervary and Clark back to back. One guy is playing on the first pair next to John Carlson in the NHL, the other is toiling in bottom 6 in the AHL. The same scouting department thought both players were of similar potential.

Reactions: jtree

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How's Kody Clark? Was surprised when they took him in the second since most lists had him as a 4th rounder.

It's funny that the Caps took Fehervary and Clark back to back. One guy is playing on the first pair next to John Carlson in the NHL, the other is toiling in bottom 6 in the AHL. The same scouting department thought both players were of similar potential.
They’ve slowly integrated him into the PK. He’s a bottom 6 lifer for sure. I will say his game has improved each season. He’s definitely playing with more of an edge as opposed to his rookie season, which is a plus. Points aren’t exactly there but I get the feeling they are trying to mold him more into a defensive forward who plays with an edge. This would be a great time for him to add to his game given all the call ups. Should get a lot more ice time.

Reactions: Holtbyisms and 895

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
2-1 at the intermission. Both Charlotte goals on the PP. I like the energy Gersich brings, but he takes some absolutely stupid penalties. Case in point, Sgarbossa falls down and he takes a roughing penalty for retaliating against a Checker who was in the area.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
2 of the 3 aren't on Shepard, I don't think. Two deflections, one of which your own guy put in.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Jeeeeeeeeez brutal moment on the bears radio call...zach fisch talking about hockey fights cancer and mitch lameroux interrupts him yelling cause he's mad at a bad call and says the call almost gave him cancer it was so bad... then ungodly awkward zach fisch moment where he calls him out live tells him to apologize.

Reactions: swansonsays

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Jeeeeeeeeez brutal moment on the bears radio call...zach fisch talking about hockey fights cancer and mitch lameroux interrupts him yelling cause he's mad at a bad call and says the call almost gave him cancer it was so bad... then ungodly awkward zach fisch moment where he calls him out live tells him to apologize.
He didn’t get it at first. Zach had to call him out multiple times before mitch finally realized what he said. We’ll see what happens there.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Please let that be the end of Mitch on the air. He’s such an ass in general and provides nothing to the broadcast. Plus, from what I’ve heard he’s a real ass when he’s out and about in the community and legit thinks he’s some celebrity

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bears were very good for the first 10 minutes. Outshot Charlotte 15-3 at one point. Then the penalties set in. Some bad calls sprinkled in but Hershey needs to quit taking penalties. Completely changed the flow of the game and Charlotte capitalized big time.

Postives:

Pilon is a very sound and very good hockey player. He deserves some NHL time IMO. Completely dominated puck possession when he was on the ice. Kempny was also very solid. The Bears best defenseman.

Negatives:
Pretty much everything else. Just a poor effort overall. Need some healed injuries in Washington and to get back some of their more veteran players who are injured in Hershey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad