Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2013-14 Season

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Potential Bears lineup with the new signings

Little harder to figure out with the abundance of dmen plus factoring in who makes the Caps. These are the guys who could see time in Hershey

I'm still at the stage of top 6 bottom 6 for forwards & Galiev's camp and play will be a huge factor in how the lines play out. Big opportunity for him after having played a full pro season and a fresh slate with a new coaching staff in Hershey. I agree one of Mitchell or Latta has an opportunity in training camp to make the Caps IF they are no other forward signings and if Wilson isn't given a chance to start the season (for now, I'm in the send Wilson to juniors camp.)

Right now 14F: Byers, Deschamps (RFA QO), Galiev, Johnson, Latta, LeBlanc, Mitchell, Stoa, Syner, Taffe, Watkins, Wellman, Whitmore plus Rechlicz

As to the D, since I have this typed up, taking into account their NHL cap hits, as well as Oleksy and Kundratek requiring waivers.

HBH left shot D: Orlov (NHL/AHL), Schmidt, Brouillette, Schilling, Genoway, plus Wellar (AHL contract)
HBH right shot D: Strachan, Kolomatis, Wey, Flemming

AHL Vets: As of now, five are signed, which is the max allowed to dress for any single game. As of now, no tweener vet on roster. AHL vets: Byers, Johnson, Strachan, Taffe, & Whitmore

As is the norm, I expect some more Hershey AHL or AHL/ECHL signings, plus Caps still have contract room within the 50 contract limit. As to AHL/ECHL D, I'm expecting Cajkovsky to fall in that category based on finishing the season with Hershey and being at dev camp now, but as of now, no official signing announced.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
i can't wait for the the new season to start with readings banner raising i love our affiliates

Another returnee for the Royals announced this morning, Ian O'Connor. Some others likely signed but not formally announced as of now. This is the official list to date:

Reading/ECHL contracts for the 2013-14 season

Head coach: Larry Courville
G:
D: Mike Banwell, Matt Campanale, Ryan Kavanagh, Damon Kipp, Bryant Molle, Bobby Shea, Brad Walch
F: Louie Caporusso, Julien Cayer, Ethan Cox, Rob Linsmayer, David Marshall, Domenic Monardo, Ian O'Connor, Ryan Santana, Yannick Tifu, David Toews, Ian Watters, Sean Wiles, Marc Zanette

Link to Royals pre-season roster as of 9/18/13

Last edited:

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
Another returnee for the Royals announced this morning, Ian O'Connor. Some others likely signed but not formally announced as of now. This is the official list to date:

Reading/ECHL contracts for the 2013-14 season

Head coach: Larry Courville
G:
D: Bryant Molle, Bobby Shea, Brad Walch
F: Ethan Cox, Nikita Kashirsky, Ian O'Connor, Yannick Tifu

Who else do you see reading getting prospect wise from the caps

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
2013 2014 Washington prospects placement predictions

I didnt see any threads like this one just wonder were everyone thinks the Caps prospects will end up hershey Reading CHl exc

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Hmmm, guess a mod broke this off as a new thread; that first post is a bit dated now, so I'll note:

Deschamps is signed.

Additional Hershey D contract: Cajkovsky (lefty)

Hershey/AHL Contracts for the 2013-14 season:

Head coach: Mike Haviland; Assistant: Ryan Mougenel
G: Riley Gill (note, Grubauer and Leggio are on NHL contracts)
D: Patrick Wellar, Michal Cajkovsky
F: Josh Brittain, Dane Byers (AHL vet), Dustin Gazley, Jamie Johnson (AHL vet), Tyler Ruegsegger, TJ Syner, Jeff Taffe (AHL vet), Nathan Walker, Derek Whitmore (AHL vet)

(note NHL contracts, but Strachan and Segal are AHL vets; Kolomatis & Watkins are not)

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Still a bit early without knowing other Hershey contracts (possible some are already signed,) plus still possible an additional NHL/AHL contract or two are signed.

Reading Royals possibilities:

Defensemen: Cajkovsky seems likely to start the season in the ECHL just looking at the D depth chart. Possible for Flemming, too, but still early and I hope he's given some time on the AHL roster to start and earn a role.

Goalies: I assume Anderson starts in Reading with Grubauer/Leggio the Hershey tandem.

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
Still a bit early without knowing other Hershey contracts (possible some are already signed,) plus still possible an additional NHL/AHL contract or two are signed.

Reading Royals possibilities:

Defensemen: Cajkovsky seems likely to start the season in the ECHL just looking at the D depth chart. Possible for Flemming, too, but still early and I hope he's given some time on the AHL roster to start and earn a role.

Goalies: I assume Anderson starts in Reading with Grubauer/Leggio the Hershey tandem.

Do they still have rights to kostenko i was thinking that he would be readings number two

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Do they still have rights to kostenko i was thinking that he would be readings number two

Caps own Kostenko's rights as he was a draft pick. He played last season on an AHL/ECHL contract. He attended the recent Caps development camp, but as of now, no news of a contract for the upcoming season.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Does anyone know if riley gill was at the caps camp

No, he was not. I have not heard anything about Gill signing anywhere to date.

addition: Even if he has something worked out with Hershey or Reading, I wouldn't expect that he would attend a summer development camp for younger players; he's 28yo coming off an ECHL championship.

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
No, he was not. I have not heard anything about Gill signing anywhere to date.

addition: Even if he has something worked out with Hershey or Reading, I wouldn't expect that he would attend a summer development camp for younger players; he's 28yo coming off an ECHL championship.

I hope that Readings attendence comes back up this season they were herting for it last year.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
This year should be interesting in Hershey. Pretty much the whole bench has been flipped over and rebuilt.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm excited for this season. A lot of fresh new faces and it seems as if the team is going to be built around leadership and toughness.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Gill signed with Hershey (and is expected to play primarily in Reading). Link

Kashirsky is not going to play for Reading after all and will instead play in Europe (not sure which league). Link

Gill is a big add, but Kashirsky is a big loss. I wonder if they expect Galiev to fill his slot most of the year.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Gill signed with Hershey (and is expected to play primarily in Reading). Link

Kashirsky is not going to play for Reading after all and will instead play in Europe (not sure which league). Link

Gill is a big add, but Kashirsky is a big loss. I wonder if they expect Galiev to fill his slot most of the year.
Dundee, EIHL (Britain)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@ScottStuccio: @TheHersheyBears ink forwards Josh Brittain and Dustin Gazley to #AHL deals: #hbh #Caps #Royals

Both could be top-line wingers for Reading and they may not be done. It's up to Galiev but the competition for 2RW isn't all that fierce between Watkins and Gazley at this point. Hopefully he does make the jump because it'd be swell if there's at least one developing scoring forward on the team.

Curious to see how Haviland fares. The defense looks better top to bottom but the forwards still look just average (albeit deeper) and not all that fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad