Heroes of the Storm

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Have been thinking about playing again.
The one thing that always drew me in the most was the short match times.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Now would be a good time as Blizzard just released a balancing patch and announced a ban system for ranked play.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Now would be a good time as Blizzard just released a balancing patch and announced a ban system for ranked play.

Balance patch released yesterday (possible further Tyrande nerfs also coming but already down 5% winrate) and ranked bans announced as coming soon

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Note to self: Li-Ming counters The Butcher.

I had to learn this the hard way. :laugh:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Note to self: Li-Ming counters The Butcher.

I had to learn this the hard way. :laugh:

really? I played alot of Butcher when Li-Ming came out and to me its the opposite. Butcher can just dominate Li-Ming. she has such a hard time escaping him if shes even slightly out of position

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
really? I played alot of Butcher when Li-Ming came out and to me its the opposite. Butcher can just dominate Li-Ming. she has such a hard time escaping him if shes even slightly out of position

I just got a face full of laser beam every time I tried to attack. Butcher can destroy anyone if he gets close, but I didn't have much luck getting close before it was too late.

Seemed like a good counter for The Butcher, but it could be that my opponent just played well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone who actually hits Li-Ming is a good counter to Li-Ming. She's charmin soft. That doesn't mean just suicide dive her. I see too many teams get wide eyed when they see her, and just dive headlong into death to try and stop her.

She's so much fun to play, though.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The Lost Vikings on free week is giving me a brain aneurysm.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Had my worst loss EVER in a Hero League match yesterday.

They were at our core in five ****ing minutes. The game was over in seven minutes. When they were at our core two guys were literally pushing other lane at their gate.

This game annoys me sometimes.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just me or does Xul looks way OP?

Looks like he gets a free Burning Rage (usually a level 13 talent) or Arthas damage aura for free on level 1. Also gets Arthas' root/slow. Also gets an army like Azmodan. Also gets attack speed slow (again a level 13 talent on other heroes) with an included damage aoe from level 1 on. Also has an on-use shield and his scythe spell. Both ults look good. Dunno if OP yet (depends on the numbers) but his kit is pretty versatile for an assassine to say the least.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Xul aint out on EU till early hours, but gonna jump on NA server and at least try some talent builds in Try Hero

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
okay Xul feels really OP so far

this guy can do everything. Cursed Strikes is insane AOE, Bone Prison provides solid lockdown, Scythe is just even more AOE waveclear and his Bone Armor is very strong if you take Basic Attack evasion at level 1

not to mention both his ultimates seem very good and his Level 16 talents are insane

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
mother of all patches up on PTR, going live on Tuesday

- added Dehaka, new warrior (feels strong)
- complete reworks for Tychus and Illidan. both feel alot stronger now
- mini reworks for Gazlowe, Kael'Thas and Sylvanas. Gaz didnt really get any better, other two did
- good amount of balance updates to a few other heroes
- changed some functionality on Dragon Knight and Garden Terror
- added bans to Hero League and brought alot of visual changes to draft lobby
- added a single lane custom-only map for ARAMs
- changed rank requirement for HL. must own 14 Heroes at Level 5
- added Death recaps. you can now see who messed you up and by how much
- every single hero has custom Quick Cast profiles for each of their abilities
- updated the Ability and Talent icons (very nice look now)
- Li-Ming now has voice lines to call out her own killstreaks, Unreal Tournament style :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sweet patch. People call it HotS 2.0 for a reason.

Game feels complete now. The only hero that is left with tons of generic talents and quite an amount of suckage is Arthas. I wonder if we'll ever see a rework for him.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
One thing that I remember not liking is how long it took to get a decent amount of gold.

Yea they really want you to buy the new champs that come out. Couple different sources put out a figure of close to 40 hours of game time, not down time between games, just in game time to earn 10,000 gold. That's winning around 120~ games to get a 10,000 gold champ, the new ones come out I think start at 20,000 or 15,000.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad