Heroes of the Storm

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Laning isn't "skipped", although it's certainly not as important.

I find it a little refreshing, honestly...but I was never very hardcore into League or Dota.

But I agree somewhat on the teammates. You can't really carry bad teammates in this game it seems. They drag like crazy from what I've seen. (Keeping in mind I'm not particularly great myself).

Yes very hard to carry a very poor player on the team.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well there needs to be another mode.

Unranked but you can see what your team mates pick.

It's getting ridiculous.

I go assassin get team squishy

Go warrior my team has 4 warriors and a special it

Go support and bam 3 supports.

Like Blizzard has to be kidding me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Fun game. Just picked it up a week ago and bought my first real hero in Illidan yesterday. Not the easiest character to play but it's been fun so far. I've only been playing quick matches with randoms (and the occasional game with a buddy who has almost all the heroes and stuff).

Again, it's been fun but also kinda frustrating when your team is lacking a tank or you have two dedicated healers or way worse guys not realizing they have to do the PvE stuff in order to win. I mean congrats, you've spent half the game trying to kill their Raynor but we lost our base to the crazy pirate ship in the middle of the map because we didn't get coins, didn't prevent the other team from turning coins in and eventually got our base bombed to pieces because of that. Can't do **** about it if one of two guys don't care to help.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The matchmaking is much tighter than it used to be. Once you increase your MMR enough, you won't see those players anymore. Granted, it now takes longer to find matches and it can take a while to increase your MMR in the first place. Also, the community is no less toxic in the ranks I'm at (rank 15 hero league).

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Well there needs to be another mode.

Unranked but you can see what your team mates pick.

It's getting ridiculous.

I go assassin get team squishy

Go warrior my team has 4 warriors and a special it

Go support and bam 3 supports.

Like Blizzard has to be kidding me.

best thing to do is pick Random for hero. it will match you with whatever your team needs most

Fun game. Just picked it up a week ago and bought my first real hero in Illidan yesterday. Not the easiest character to play but it's been fun so far. I've only been playing quick matches with randoms (and the occasional game with a buddy who has almost all the heroes and stuff).

Again, it's been fun but also kinda frustrating when your team is lacking a tank or you have two dedicated healers or way worse guys not realizing they have to do the PvE stuff in order to win. I mean congrats, you've spent half the game trying to kill their Raynor but we lost our base to the crazy pirate ship in the middle of the map because we didn't get coins, didn't prevent the other team from turning coins in and eventually got our base bombed to pieces because of that. Can't do **** about it if one of two guys don't care to help.

hit me up on Bnet if you wanna Quick Match sometime. I play now and again

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Due to daily quests I had to play characters I probably wouldn't have tried just now but both Sonya and Sylvanas are pretty fun! I even bought Sonya for my hard earned gold afterwards.

@ Kaoss: I will!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Due to daily quests I had to play characters I probably wouldn't have tried just now but both Sonya and Sylvanas are pretty fun! I even bought Sonya for my hard earned gold afterwards.

@ Kaoss: I will!

You should be playing the free characters up to level 5 each week, to get the 500 gold reward for leveling a character to 5.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Illidan is probably the most fun character in the game, IMO. Have to be pretty careful with him, but yeah...tons of fun.

Plus he's a badass. :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I absolutely fell in love with Nazeebo. Not a week ago I was trying to level him up to 5 for the gold. I was playing with a couple friends and I recall myself absolutely hating him. My buddies kept telling me how strong he can be etc. Yesterday I played 5 or 6 quick matches with a friend. We won all games and my Nazeebo was just dominating the battlefield. What an awesome hero! I've never been so wrong before in HotS. :laugh:

Probably had to do with the limited talents available before level 5 I guess.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reviving this thread because I just started playing HotS. I love it. Probably going to stop playing LoL altogether because of it. Mind you it's only been two days, but it's just more fun for me. It's not as tedious, I find it to be less mechanic intensive and more about strategy. The characters are interesting and the different build paths are cool -- especially from game to game. I also find there's a lot less toxicity.

I also like that I've not had a game go over 25 minutes yet (and even that one was only one game).

It's a bit snowbally, but that's part of what keeps it from being tedious/overly time consuming.

So far I've only used a few Heroes but I'm all about Tyrael.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Been playing a ton of Zagara...she is way too fun. Can dominate early with her ability to push and is still quite viable late game. The recon you can gather from your creep is so invaluable (not to mention it allows for faster movement speed and regenerative healing). When an enemy hero is "hiding" in the jungle that you layed creep in...oh man it is just too good.

Have nine heroes...can't wait to get that last one and start doing some Hero League.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm on a bit of a poor streak. Started off quite well (I'm only level 13) after transitioning from LoL. I think I went something like 15 - 5 in my first 20 games or so. I've lost 12 of my last 14 though. Pretty discouraging.

I know that I'm not great at the game yet, but I've found that lately it seems every team I come up against is working really well together, working on objectives together, and is generally fairly well composed in terms of their variety of hero types. Meanwhile I often get people that go off and do their own thing most of the time, are very late to objectives, insist on splitting up at key times or weird team comps.

I'm not too worried about it in the long run but it has been a bit frustrating. With that said I've really enjoyed playing as Sonya and Tyrael the most so far. They're awesome.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I'm on a bit of a poor streak. Started off quite well (I'm only level 13) after transitioning from LoL. I think I went something like 15 - 5 in my first 20 games or so. I've lost 12 of my last 14 though. Pretty discouraging.

I know that I'm not great at the game yet, but I've found that lately it seems every team I come up against is working really well together, working on objectives together, and is generally fairly well composed in terms of their variety of hero types. Meanwhile I often get people that go off and do their own thing most of the time, are very late to objectives, insist on splitting up at key times or weird team comps.

I'm not too worried about it in the long run but it has been a bit frustrating. With that said I've really enjoyed playing as Sonya and Tyrael the most so far. They're awesome.

I find that I tend to do much better when I'm playing with friends. When I play alone 2/3 of the time our team just doesn't sync very well and we end up losing. With a game like this, communication is just so key.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Sonya was the first champ I picked up that I really liked. Shes a bit underpowered once you start playing in Hero league and in more competitive matches though. She does a bit more damage then most tanks but has a lot less HP then most tanks too.

I have been playing a ton of Valla lately which I've really enjoyed. I've been experimenting with different builds and by far my favorite right now is just the regular Auto Attack build. It's so strong late game. For my ult I just run whatever the team needs, if we have a lot of cc I'll do the aoe thing, and if we need more I run the stun. I've been enjoying that a lot. I really like playing the Butcher but I don't win a lot of games with him. My team doesn't like to dive in with me and even though my sustain is high and I hit like a truck and my engage is great, if I go in with my team around and they just don't then I'm screwed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah my buddy that I used to LoL with just got into HotS and we queued up together tonight. What a difference it made. 5 straight wins (helps that I started with Muradin who I think I've only ever lost 1 time with). 3 of the wins though came with Illidan, who I just bought today. Holy crap is he ever fun. By far my favourite Hero so far. The jukes and kills...his Demonic form skill is really useful too.

Any other Heros play kind of like Illidan? So much fun.

I liked Valla too...very Vaynish feel for me. Elements from most of the ADCs from LoL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dang, just went 29-0 as Tassadar (won won, obv).

He is fun to play.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This game needs more love here!

I spend most of my gaming time (which isn't a lot unfortunately) in this game now (sorry Hearthstone but you aren't nice to me anymore).
Got a couple heroes on levels 7-8 now with more on the way. Still not sure who my first 10 will be (Leoric, Rehgar, Illidan, Butcher, Tyrande or Nazeebo are possibilities - among others ofc).
Matchmaking is frustrating sometimes though, especially the better I got and get. I kinda get drafts and combos now so it's really annoying when people pick junk. A buddy of mine I use to queue up with (QM and also HL lately) is rank 1 HL but we see uneven teams on both sides all the time. Even in solo queue there are several high ranked HL players paired up with < level 35 or < level 30 players. Looks like all that matters is that average MMRs are even among teams - which obviously sucks if the distribution is especially uneven.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was playing a lot for a while, then pretty much stopped when I got back into Destiny. Picking it up a bit again lately, though I've been having computer issues the past couple days. Been working on my EU roster a bit, since I have friends that play on that server. Still main on NA, though.

Artanis is kinda fun, but I can't really see how he'll be used in competitive play. Really doesn't have a great role. Not nearly as good at pick-offs as Zeratul, Illidan, Kerrigan, or the Butcher. Not tanky enough to be a main tank. Don't think he can do as much sustained damage as Sonya or Leoirc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad