Heritage Jersey

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
why wouldnt you buy it at the CTC before the game?

Maybe I should have been more clear. FOR the Leafs game, didn't mean at the leafs game. Going to my uncles in Rockland *he's a leafs fan* and always wear our jerseys there. Was hoping to rock it for the first time over there.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wanting to wait till I find work before I order, but haven't heard back from any places yet. Maybe I should just order anyways

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Wanting to wait till I find work before I order, but haven't heard back from any places yet. Maybe I should just order anyways

I'm waiting to see if they will go with it next year, and if so, will there be any chances to it.

I'll most likely buy one on icejerseys.com when they have a massive sale during summer.

EDIT: On the subject of Heritage jerseys, is it just me or are the Sens wearing their black heritage more this season? (again tonight)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm waiting to see if they will go with it next year, and if so, will there be any chances to it.

I'll most likely buy one on icejerseys.com when they have a massive sale during summer.

I can almost guarantee that if they roll with these next year, the numbers and letter will not be felt. If that matters to you at all.

It does to me, because I think the material used for the big O on the front of the black heritage jerseys is pretty weak sauce. You can see the bulging horizontal hems through the O from the different materials being sewn together underneath. The new white heritage rectifies this with a nice thick felt O and numbers.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I can almost guarantee that if they roll with these next year, the numbers and letter will not be felt. If that matters to you at all.

Let's see what they do when they use the white Heritage for the 2nd game this year in April! :yo:

Who knows, maybe stay the same then next year go pure white , not old white!

Milan the God*

I got one and it seems almost more pure white than off white to me :dunno:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
That's what your get for buying a fake one.

JK.

The vintage white doesn't really stand out unless you have it next to something that is bright white.

That is the easiest way to spot a fake jersey at the games. White stitching on the heritage white. Barf.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Or the white numbers on fake black heritage ones.

I dont understand how people say the fakes are so good. I regularly pick them out from across the arena. The red ones are the totally wrong shade of red.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Or the white numbers on fake black heritage ones.

I dont understand how people say the fakes are so good. I regularly pick them out from across the arena. The red ones are the totally wrong shade of red.

I like the contradiction of fake jerseys. Psychologically, the reason fans of a team will buy that jersey is to show support for their team and feel like part of something, as well as validate themselves as a fan. Which is why the concept of fake jerseys that are a detriment to the team, being worn by fans at games is pretty funny.

I can't tell you how bad they actually look to the average person, because I'm in the jersey collecting bubble. But to me, I can spot a fake jersey from miles away. It's mind blowing that the Chinese couldn't get something as simple as the heritage jersey right. The centurion on the red home jersey looks like a glitter disaster on the fake ones. It's amazing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I like the contradiction of fake jerseys. Psychologically, the reason fans of a team will buy that jersey is to show support for their team and feel like part of something, as well as validate themselves as a fan. Which is why the concept of fake jerseys that are a detriment to the team, being worn by fans at games is pretty funny.

I can't tell you how bad they actually look to the average person, because I'm in the jersey collecting bubble. But to me, I can spot a fake jersey from miles away. It's mind blowing that the Chinese couldn't get something as simple as the heritage jersey right. The centurion on the red home jersey looks like a glitter disaster on the fake ones. It's amazing.

Yeah, as someone who is also in the "jersey collecting bubble", it's like someone adding a horse decal to their FIAT and trying to pass it off to a car enthusiast as a Ferrari.

"They're both cars, the horse logo is there... what's the difference? Mine was way cheaper!"

I mean, look: At the end of the day, there are always going to be people who would prefer to stay home and eat Chef Boyardee rather than go out for a nice meal in order to save a buck... which is totally fine, I completely understand that argument and it makes sense, do what you want to do & eat what you want to eat, fine... but don't THEN go around saying that your can of "Chef BAD" is just as good as the 12oz sirloin I had for lunch.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Morning anecdote:

My old roommate randomly became Habs fan over the 3 yrs we lived together. He always had to go 'against' me in whatever sport/competition, instead of joining the Sens' Fun Parade, so he ordered a Dryden jersey off ebay. He was super stoked and elated with it. It was hideous material, bullby and crunchy logo and numbers (not to mention the they had creases in them from shipping from who-knows-where Asia), it was just god awful and looked like garbage. Yet he was overjoyed and wore it proudly. I honestly think a ton of people cannot see the difference and do not care.

He's also the kind of guy who bought pea coats from Stitches and thought he was classy as ****, so who knows.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Anyone else disappointed in the heritage jersey? I find it's pretty much just recycled, and they should have gone with a real barber-pole design to honor the original like Vancouver did with theirs.

I would kill to have an actual barber-pole jersey, none of this "some bars thick, some thinner" nonsense.

Last edited:

Team Music

Mar 3, 2011
This is probably a longshot, but would any of you happen to know of a place where I could find matching socks for a heritage jersey? I'm playing at CTC in a few weeks and I think it'd be cool to have a matching outfit. I've called around quite a bit but it doesn't seem like anyone is making or selling them...

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
This is probably a longshot, but would any of you happen to know of a place where I could find matching socks for a heritage jersey? I'm playing at CTC in a few weeks and I think it'd be cool to have a matching outfit. I've called around quite a bit but it doesn't seem like anyone is making or selling them...

There was a lot of them available at the Sens equipment sale at the start of the season. Maybe contact the Sens Store at CTC and see if they could help you out?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Anyone else disappointed in the heritage jersey? I find it's pretty much just recycled, and they should have gone with a real barber-pole design to honor the original like Vancouver did with theirs.

I would kill to have an actual barber-pole jersey, none of this "some bars thick, some thinner" nonsense.

This could mean the heritages will be our regulars, which would be great. The league would probably not allow a full barber poll regular

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I got my set Dec 3, was pretty happy with most of it. The toque, Scarf and jersey are three different colours and the O on the toque is no centred over the two coloured bars. Scarf is nice, even though I don't like scarfs I seem to have a collection started. Tickets are for March 10 against Nashville.

Attachments

• heritage.jpg
    heritage.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

There is an actual barber pole design of that jersey. But it's no longer produced, and pretty hard to find. There's the Ottawa Senators branded ones that I think may have been made around 2005. They occasionally pop up on Kijiji, and I always see a decent amount of people wearing them at games. They are made like actual sweaters, and not like jerseys.

If you want one in as an actual jersey, and not a sweater, Binghamton Senators wore it at one point. Because of this, Reeok 6100 replicas exist. A few have popped up on eBay and usually don't go for very much, but I've passed on them as they've always been XL or XXL. Usually they go for 40+shipping at auction.

Here's the jersey I'm talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-AHL-Bi...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Binghamton-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I've said this before. But I'd hate the idea of heritage jerseys full time if they didn't change the logo. The O is a really boring crest. I know the stripes are suppose to create a synergy so that it gimmicks what the =O= logo. But still, I'd much rather the heritage jersey with the centurion instead of the O. There's an updated centurion concept that gets posted here some times, that would be perfect.

Also, the Sens are crazy for not doing what Anaheim did and having a throwback night with the old black jersey. Most fans own something from the 2000-2007 jersey set, because that is when the team peaked in popularity. If they released the old black jersey as a promotional item, and wore it on select nights for promotional purposes (not necessarily as a third jersey) it would sell like crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad