Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Do the sens always shoot the puck so well?

Very impressed, the releases on our team pale'd in comparison to the shots ottowa directed at the net. Everything was a bullet and was hitting posts.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jesus, enough with the Phillips talk. Like they'd do the puck thing knowing it's his last game with everyone watching.

Penner getrdonebryan

Jun 8, 2007
Rou.
As long as the management feels we are still in the playoff race I don't see how they would send a valuable veteran(in their view at least) like Phillips somewhere else. I think Karlsson's gesture was more out of respect for Philly being the longest serving player on the team playing in the team's first outdoor game.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Jesus, enough with the Phillips talk. Like they'd do the puck thing knowing it's his last game with everyone watching.

The only explanation I can think of (other than him getting traded) is maybe they think the Winter Classic is a big deal and they gave him the puck because he's the oldest guy on the team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The only explanation I can think of (other than him getting traded) is maybe they think the Winter Classic is a big deal and they gave him the puck because he's the oldest guy on the team.

Well yes, that's probably it. Why would they announce to the world through handing him the puck that the guy is on his way out? Makes no sense to me that anyone would allow that.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
The defense seemed so much more organized without Cowen in the lineup.........All of our defensemen were sound positionally and had no problems making a pass. This move should have been made a long time ago.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
You, know, Phillips was good but I may have to give the edge to Chris on this one. He seemed to be the one out in front the most, making things happen.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We won an afternoon game?!?

0a6e3eba-209e-48fd-adb6-1f2ac32ce4c0_zps9e518090.jpg

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
As long as the management feels we are still in the playoff race I don't see how they would send a valuable veteran(in their view at least) like Phillips somewhere else. I think Karlsson's gesture was more out of respect for Philly being the longest serving player on the team playing in the team's first outdoor game.

Phillips banged his stick and called for the puck. He must believe it was likely his last game.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Well yes, that's probably it. Why would they announce to the world through handing him the puck that the guy is on his way out? Makes no sense to me that anyone would allow that.

It's possible that they weren't thinking about the media's reaction to one player giving another player a hockey puck. It happens a lot. It's not like Karlsson made a big show of it

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
That was a pretty good game. They looked lost in the first 10 mins but after that, it was decent. Must be nice to get the 2 pts and enjoy the atmosphere, I bet.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
wow much win, it's good Vancouver is even crappier than us haha. Was surprised by how entertaining it ended up being

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad