Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

gdt_01_zpslxcaak71.jpg

OILERS @ JETS ALUMNI GAME

Anders Hedberg may have said it best.

Just over an hour before the man who registered 458 points in 285 career WHA games with
the Winnipeg Jets saw his name and number inducted into the newly minted Winnipeg Jets
Hall of Fame, along with Ulf Nilsson and Bobby Hull, the 65-year-old could barely contain
his excitement for Heritage Classic weekend.

"This is the past, present, and future in a few days in Winnipeg. How can you beat that?"

Over the course of the weekend, Jets fans will see the future of the game, in players like
Patrik Laine, Nikolaj Ehlers, and Mark Scheifele, along with current stars such as captain
Blake Wheeler, alternate captain Dustin Byfuglien, and many more.

It's also a chance for alumni like Kris King, the last captain the Winnipeg Jets had prior
to relocating after the 1996 playoffs, to skate in front of the fans that meant so much to
him and his teammates.

Full story: Jets @ Flyers Preview

gdt_27_zpst8y3noeq.jpg

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Today will be Gretzky's first time skating up for an NHL event since 2003

...And maybe his last, since he doesn't care for these old timer games.

For alot of the younger posters here (myself included) it may be your only chance to see the Great One playing hockey live. Obviously he's old and not going to try much, but it still might be worth watching.

(the alumni game starts at 3 o'clock Winnipeg time, its on sportsnet in canada at least, dont know about the states)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
...And maybe his last, since he doesn't care for these old timer games.

For alot of the younger posters here (myself included) it may be your only chance to see the Great One playing hockey live. Obviously he's old and not going to try much, but it still might be worth watching.

(the alumni game starts at 3 o'clock Winnipeg time, its on sportsnet in canada at least, dont know about the states)
It is on NHL network in the US

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Name-wise Oilers of course seem really stacked. I don't know how old and fit most of the players are though. Kurri and Tikkanen for sure have added some extra belly :laugh: and Selanne is still really fit. I'll try to find a way to watch for sure.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Wtf? i didn't even know the actual game was tomorrow? lol. Why is it so early in the year?

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Selänne looks so wrong wearing this version of the Jets uniform.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
How many Oilers fans cheered loudly for McTavish?

Hard to say. Crowd is very muted on TV. The announcer also moves on quickly no matter who is being presented (i.e. not leaving much time for an ovation for Selanne). Also, how many Oilers fans are there?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I guess I need to read up on the 80's Jets.

Hughson acting like they were a powerhouse is not reflected by the stats. One 96 point season, one 88 point season and that's basically it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad