Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Pressure is on the Bs

We jump on em early, they're gonna crumble
The pressure is on them. The Leafs have already gotten the label for many years. They are used to it. Adding one more Game 7 loss doesn't add much to our misery, because frankly, all Leafs fans have already accepted that this is a team of chokers.

In fact, while a loss tomorrow won't feel good, its inevitable consequence of cleaning house, getting rid of these proven losers, would be a good trade-off in suffering another Game 7 loss.

But for Bruins that's certainly new, something out of the ordinary, and doubly so when it is the "choker" Leafs who give it to them.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The pressure is on them. The Leafs have already gotten the label for many years. They are used to it. Adding one more Game 7 loss doesn't add much to our misery, because frankly, all Leafs fans have already accepted that this is a team of chokers.

In fact, while a loss tomorrow won't feel good, its inevitable consequence of cleaning house, getting rid of these proven losers, would it a good trade-off in suffering another Game 7 loss.

But for Bruins that's certainly new, something out of the ordinary, and doubly so when it is the "choker" Leafs who give it to them.
I know the narrative always focuses on the Leafs, but the Bruins are notorious playoff losers, especially game 7s. I think the last one they won, other than the Leafs games, was against Vancouver when they won the Cup.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Talking about holmberg getting his stick grabbed twice and he gave up and shoved the guy holding it?

Then the whistle went and a whole different line came on and scored. Doesn’t seem relatable?

The point was, there absolutely should have been a penalty, hell, there could have been two penalties, one for holding the stick, one for the hit from behind.

If the teams were switched, and a Leaf player had been tossed head first into the boards without a call, this place would be outraged and in hysterics about a conspiracy.

My point is, it's all bullshit. It's all an excuse. And this fanbase and this market is way better than the lunatic fringe that want to pretend the league is "out to get the Leafs" and that the head office "doesn't want Toronto to win."

Whatever happens tomorrow will have nothing to do with the referees, the league or any conspiracy theories.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
The point was, there absolutely should have been a penalty, hell, there could have been two penalties, one for holding the stick, one for the hit from behind.

If the teams were switched, and a Leaf player had been tossed head first into the boards without a call, this place would be outraged and in hysterics about a conspiracy.

My point is, it's all bullshit. It's all an excuse. And this fanbase and this market is way better than the lunatic fringe that want to pretend the league is "out to get the Leafs" and that the head office "doesn't want Toronto to win."

Whatever happens tomorrow will have nothing to do with the referees, the league or any conspiracy theories.
Alot of words to agree there should have been two penalties which would then be irrelevant for the goal afterwards on the next shift.

Agree to the rest. Go leafs

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I hate to be that guy but...

If you lose it's worse than even going out in 5, It shows nothing has changed, they still won't be able to seize the moment and win the one that matters. Lack of Killer Instinct I heard.

You have to win, I don't care if boston somehow comes out like the 85-86 Oilers and Pastrnak turns into prime gretzky. You need to shut them down. It's unacceptable to come back from 3-1 only to blow the series....again. It will make the game 5 and 6 performance worthless, it will make Woll's performance worthless again. I don't care who's out, whoever is in has to perform at their highest level and make sure we win.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
It would likely be considered the biggest Leaf win in the salary cap era.
Only competition is winning game 6 last year.

I think it’s bigger, hypothetically, too.

That is just as informative as when people attribute the nonsensical definition of insanity to him.
It’s not just me that gets driven insane by that insanity definition that doesn’t come from him, huh? Good to know.

Does anyone else have zero anxiety whatsoever

For Boston and their fans, this is a pivotal game 7. For me and the rest of you who have lived in the mental institution that is cheering for the Leafs long enough to call it home, it's just another Saturday. "oOOoH gAmE 7" so what quit f***ing crying bro
Zero? No it’s not zero by any stretch. But.. ya, less than it probably should be. Relatively standard stuff here.

Maybe I’m over thinking and I know we’re always gonna be rivals with the Bruins but this game literally almost feels like the final chapter in this decade long feud with this team, with only Marchand left from that 2013 series and us trying to end this game 7 curse since and possibly change the narrative on the Bruins if we beat them. Again I’m probably being over dramatic but my body and mind is ready for this game.
But is your liver ready?

The fact the recent incarnation of the Leafs finally won a playoff round last year I think, makes this less stressful. That whole monkey is off their back. Now they know the winning feeling and what it takes, they can slay the game 7 bugaboo. Woll gives me hope. Can’t believe they clawed their way back to this point missing Matthews.
2 for 1 special on demon slaying, tomorrow night only, game 7’s and Bruins. Get your W’s while they’re hot because it’s a one time offer.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Maybe since our powerplay is so bad refs are more likely to give us calls.

Just hope refs don't decide to call a really weird game and f us.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I hate to be that guy but...

If you lose it's worse than even going out in 5, It shows nothing has changed, they still won't be able to seize the moment and win the one that matters. Lack of Killer Instinct I heard.

You have to win, I don't care if boston somehow comes out like the 85-86 Oilers and Pastrnak turns into prime gretzky. You need to shut them down. It's unacceptable to come back from 3-1 only to blow the series....again. It will make the game 5 and 6 performance worthless, it will make Woll's performance worthless again. I don't care who's out, whoever is in has to perform at their highest level and make sure we win.
Toronto will win this game. Boston has nothing left to give.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008

I agree that's two penalties. You could argue a fiver for Holmberg though that's a tough sell in a playoff game I know.

The McCauley curse is roughly equivalent to the Game 7 curse. The results aren't there, but I don't immediately go to the games being rigged.

Is it bad optics for the NHL and I don't know why they don't simply avoid it? Yes. There are plenty of refs (and all will be complained about no doubt). Doesn't seem like it would be hard for them to avoid him reffing games for a Keefe coached team.....whatever team that ends up being. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

I do think sometimes refs can be pretty bad at their job in terms of being consistent with both sides but I do agree that the refs probably won't play too big of a factor in tommorow. I only say this because I think I have witness once some of the most bullshit onesided reffing ever in the Tampa-Carolina series in 2021. Tampa got six calls of which 3 or so were incredibly fishy. But that was once in the over 800 games I've watched since becoming a fan.

A non-call or extra call isn't the league out to get you, either it's a mistake or an even up for something from prior.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Marek saying he's hearing Wes McCauley might get the call for this game

insanity

Oh well that's game. Congrats Boston.

I know, something something correlation not causation etc. But the record speaks for itself.

Now we have to overcome the game 7 curse AND the McCauley curse. :laugh:

EDIT: I'm talking tongue in cheek. I see some people are far more serious than I about this.... :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
#Kampfclub here.

I just want a shoutout to all the Kampf haters who bashed him all season long and his contract.

What management realized however is that this guy shows up in the playoffs. He was one of our best players last year and is doing it again. Not only that, he is a true warrior and has taken big punishment and does not sit out continues to play. Keep up the good work Kampfer.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
#Kampfclub here.

I just want a shoutout to all the Kampf haters who bashed him all season long and his contract.

What management realized however is that this guy shows up in the playoffs. He was one of our best players last year and is doing it again. Not only that, he is a true warrior and has taken big punishment and does not sit out continues to play. Keep up the good work Kampfer.

To be fair, he was mediocre at best all season after signing that contract :laugh:

However, I think a big part of it was how he was deployed.

Seeing him with defensively proficient, fast skating guys in Dewar and Jarnkrok is such a different story.

All regular season they were playing him with crashers like Reaves or offensive players like Robertson or Domi....it's not his game.

Reactions: arso40

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Talking about holmberg getting his stick grabbed twice and he gave up and shoved the guy holding it?

Then the whistle went and a whole different line came on and scored. Doesn’t seem relatable?
You're replying to a Hab fan who has nothing better to do with his life than post a bunch of idiotic drivel in the Maple Leafs sub-forum.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
[QUOTE="Squiffy, post: 195325740, member: 44021"

It’s not just me that gets driven insane by that insanity definition that doesn’t come from him, huh? Good to know.

[/QUOTE]
No, the team has to practice if they want to be better. It is just so dumb that it's proponents had to attribute it to Einstein to gain any credibility.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think the Leafs offense with or without Matthews is breaking out tonight. I just hope that doesn’t mean going back to the same old ways of giving up goals after scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad