Post-Game Talk: Here we are. WPG 3 - DAL too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Agreed. The Jets appear to be well set for a couple years down the road. That begs they question is it time to go all in on the next generation? The organization had to bide its team to develop a prospect pool, but now that the cupboard is full and we have a hand full of young players with promising futures do we continue to try and bridge the older core with the young guys or is it time to start pulling the trigger. We have a few vets that are producing very well on sweet heart contracts (Wheeler and Little) that can help lead the way. But IMO we need to start staking the deck a little to get young players that can grow into important organizational roles. It appears to me Chevy is keeping his feet in both camps, but IMO it is time to decide on a direction and go.

Bolded - Less so if Byfuglien, Ladd and Perreault walk.

Without a few key re-signings, there may be some depth issues down the road. The future at D makes me nervous.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Only elite team don't go into a dry spell like this, Jets is not an elite team (yet).
Jets have dry spells last year, but less than the previous years.

Are Jets suppose win 4 lose 1?
No
Is Scheifele suppose to score 30 goals? Last time I saw it he is on phase for about 20? Which is almost all of us predicted it for him.
Did we expect our 4th line to be one of the best? I didn't but I'd rather have the 2 rookies now instead of 1 year of Stempniak, tlusty, etc. optimistically we are a team that can make the playoff and maybe win 1 round this year.

Jets defense is built for offense, now we want Harrison and Pardy. After winning 2 games with them. We will say, they are crap.

Goalie is the problem here, Pavs and Hutch are not game changing goalies. Game with the game is very important for the momentum. Clutch save is important even if Pavs gave up 3 goals already he needed to shut the door down. In 5 years, I think less than 10 games pavs had really shown the capability to shut the door down.

Go Jets Go!
Time to win 10 straight and then trade Buff and Ladd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Elite teams go on dry spells.

No team doesn't go on dry spells.

I don't view Jets as elite though. I think they are at or near elite in particular areas but not as a whole.

Yup they need to do something about there discipline and pk. The biggest issue I have with our vets is that they tend to be some of the most penalized players on the team. Our guys like Scheifele, Lowry and Ehlers are actually quite disciplined which is a good sign.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Jets losing has correlated strongly with the PSE line not scoring. Right? This is a problem, that's their role.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Jets losing has correlated strongly with the PSE line not scoring. Right? This is a problem, that's their role.

The makeup of that line is ridiculous and I thought that since game one of the season.
Schief with two undersized wingers!:shakehead

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The makeup of that line is ridiculous and I thought that since game one of the season.

I agree , that's why i suggested moving Ehlers to the 1st line with Little and Wheeler and Ladd with Shef and Stafford on the 2nd . This way you try and get Ladd and Stafford some offensive production and frenchie can add speed to Lowrey's line .

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

They have been excellent as a group.

Sometimes pucks don't go in. That is all there is to it.

Fixing the bottom 6 makes sense, disrupting the top 6 due to a short slump is a horrible idea. They have been solid.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Fixing the bottom 6 makes sense, disrupting the top 6 due to a short slump is a horrible idea. They have been solid.[/ 4 out of the top 6 are playing well , Ladd and frenchie are not , especially the captain . Don't know what is going on with Ladd but if he was playing like he has in the past that 1st line would be carrying us through a couple of these last few games . All i can say is it better not have to be due to his contract negotiations .

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I agree , that's why i suggested moving Ehlers to the 1st line with Little and Wheeler and Ladd with Shef and Stafford on the 2nd . This way you try and get Ladd and Stafford some offensive production and frenchie can add speed to Lowrey's line .

I could maybe see Wheeler and Perreault trading spots, but those other duos aren't getting split.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
45 lines have played at least 75 mins.

That line is:
10th in Corsi percentage
15th in Scoring Chances percentage
12th in Goal percentage

Sorry bro, but that line is doing pretty well.

How has that line done in the past 5-6 games? Niko: 0 goals, 1 assist, Mark: 1 goal, 0 assists, Matty: 0 goals, 2 assists (Leafs game) those are the numbers that matter!

Or combined 18 games played, 1 goal, 3 assists.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Fun fact:
Burmi-Lowry-Stafford had a 49.1 Corsi but a 30.0 Goal percentage.
I think some of the bottom six issues was a bit PDO (93.7) driven.

This doesn't sound right. Burmi, Lowry and Stafford have Corsi of 44.7%, 46.8% and 46.3%, respectively. At least according to stats.hockeyanalysis.com

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Fixing the bottom 6 makes sense, disrupting the top 6 due to a short slump is a horrible idea. They have been solid.

Bless you and your sanity.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bolded - Less so if Byfuglien, Ladd and Perreault walk.

Without a few key re-signings, there may be some depth issues down the road. The future at D makes me nervous.

I agree with this. At the end of the day we are doing decent at drafting but if we are flipping the old core and Matt P we are filling the pipeline at below replacement level pace currently unless we get tangible assets back in return and I think that ship has kind of sailed or is dam close. Both Buff and Ladd are entering rental territory now which usually yields you picks and maybe prospects and are TNSE really ready to blow this core up for draft picks? Our 1st line is still our best line and Buff and Toby are still our top pair warts and all.

I think if you take Ladd, Buff and Matt P we can afford to turn one of those 3 but not 2 if we want to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad