GDT: Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
CAT-GIF-Innocent-Kitty-trying-to-catch-AND-EAT-a-fish-on-an-IPad-Cat-fishing-game-2.gif
tumblr_njtau3F84P1rl1jado1_500.gif
tumblr_p58goppIgO1wsvj0co1_500.gifv
tumblr_ov5q7k5l421wy4cq2o1_400.gifv

Oh and something about a hockey game. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm guessing Chariot won't be in the lineup for them. They won't have 2023 1st rounder in the lineup since they traded him, so that's a good thing as well.

I'm expecting a humiliating loss tonight, so they'll probably win.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

That's far more clarity from PDB than we are used to. Being back in a month usually is day to day and being back in a week is a game time decision. So if Pete says that I'd be worried at least one of those guys are questionable for starting next season.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
So even though ownership probably wasn't going to do it anyways it looks like trading Smith is out of the question now. Pacioretty was even less likely to be traded IMO but also no chance now.

Doesn't matter if they fire PDB or not this team isn't making the playoffs with Broissot starting so I guess a goalie is priority #1 at the deadline now.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So even though ownership probably wasn't going to do it anyways it looks like trading Smith is out of the question now. Pacioretty was even less likely to be traded IMO but also no chance now.

Doesn't matter if they fire PDB or not this team isn't making the playoffs with Broissot starting so I guess a goalie is priority #1 at the deadline now.

Pretty clearly is now. That news sure sounded like Lehner to LTIR so go get yourself 5m worth of goaltending. Seems like Varlamov has to be the likeliest guy since I highly doubt they want to be dealing what to do with another costly goalie after the season ends.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pretty clearly is now. That news sure sounded like Lehner to LTIR so go get yourself 5m worth of goaltending. Seems like Varlamov has to be the likeliest guy since I highly doubt they want to be dealing what to do with another costly goalie after the season ends.

But 5m could go towards fitting Stone back in the lineup.

Although I agree they're probably eyeing Varlamov for next season too. The only problem is there will be a bidding war.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
But 5m could go towards fitting Stone back in the lineup.

Although I agree they're probably eyeing Varlamov for next season too. The only problem is there will be a bidding war.

They could trade Varly away in the off-season should they want to. While two guys making 5m is an improvement over what they had with MAF, I still think whoever they pick up now they won't really want around next year provided they think Lehner is healthy.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Yeah - I guess since I'm on the East Coast I was a bit unaware of the 5 game skid. Shame.

I'm going to try and catch tonight and hope you all win. Nothing against the Panthers, but wife and I might be moving to Vegas or Reno in the next 12 months.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Seeing that Lehner is probably out for the rest of the season. I wonder if Vegas would be interested in Binnington, As it looks like the Blues have put him out there. The Blues defense is a shell of what it was in 19 he has struggled and VGK's defense is better than the Blues. I think Binnington will rebound with a better defense in front and a change of scenery. I know Binny's contract doesn't look great but for a starting NHL goalie, Binny's AAV is not out of line. Especially for a guy who is a cup winner. That's why I think he would be a good fit for Vegas.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Seeing that Lehner is probably out for the rest of the season. I wonder if Vegas would be interested in Binnington, As it looks like the Blues have put him out there. The Blues defense is a shell of what it was in 19 he has struggled and VGK's defense is better than the Blues. I think Binnington will rebound with a better defense in front and a change of scenery. I know Binny's contract doesn't look great but for a starting NHL goalie, Binny's AAV is not out of line. Especially for a guy who is a cup winner. That's why I think he would be a good fit for Vegas.
Neither Binnington nor Lehner is going to make much of a difference in us making the playoffs or going on a deep run should a miracle ensue. Not without Patches, Smith, Stone, Martinez, even Janmark and Howden (those last two may be back tonight). We need to concentrate on getting healthy for next season, on getting out UFA's and RFA's resigned or traded, getting rid of probably Patches and Dadanov to create cap room, and starting to develop some young kids on ELC's. Binnington is in the first year of a 6 x 6 contract, if he continues to suck, we're stuck with an albatross. We really need to retool (hopefully under a new coaching staff that plays a more attacking skating style), not try to plug holes in some vain attempt to just make the playoffs as #2 wildcard and get waxed by the Avalanche, even though we match up decently against them (but not well enough this year).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Only way they trade for him is sending Lehner back to the Blues or to a third team in the deal. No way they carry two goalies on long contracts again.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I have nothing against Ireland or the Irish, but I have always failed to grasp our country's obsession with them and why 'everyone' is Irish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad