Injury Report: Henrik Tallinder : Dislocated Shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
What I would like to know is, as a defenseman, why the **** was he in the corner on a forecheck

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Oh well, gone before we even got to know him! :(

I was expecting him to take over being a whipping boy anyhow. :p:

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
I was kind of rooting for him because I liked his game a few years ago.

He was really bad last year for Buffalo but that is a tough season to really judge a veteran player on when the team is AHL-calibre and playing for draft position. \

That being said, we talk about accountability and players earning spots on the team. Holzer has paid his dues in the minors. He was consistently the best defenseman for the Marlies all of last season (Brennan's insane offense-no-defense play aside). He has also been very solid in the preseason so far. Holzer's earned the right to get a shot at the 6th/7th spot in the lineup and he hasn't done anything to lose it at this point. He's using his size, playing well positionally and is actually be a little more useful with the puck on his stick than I remember from last year.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I hope we still sign him. I think he'll take league minimum, and worst case you send him to the Marlies. I have no faith in Holzer. We've seen how that story goes. Has the physical tools, but makes really bad decisions and his reaction time is awful.

Even if Tallinder is gone 6 weeks, I still give him 550K$. Worst case scenario, you put him on waivers and send him to the AHL. He either rehabs, or he gets picked up by another team and everything is as it was.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Damn, feel horrible for him. It sucks to wait anxiously for the season to start only to get injured in preseason but the guy doesn't have a contract so this injury becomes even more burdensome. Hopefully he can have a quick recovery and find a home somewhere in the NHL whether it's with the Leafs or another team.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Have to feel bad for him. This probably means the end of his career, I personally don't think he would have won a spot on the D, but it's sad to see someone at the end of their career go out due to injury rather then finish the season and end it all playing not due to injury.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Have to feel bad for him. This probably means the end of his career, I personally don't think he would have won a spot on the D, but it's sad to see someone at the end of their career go out due to injury rather then finish the season and end it all playing not due to injury.

like Doug Gilmore crawling back to the bench in Calgary after the knee- injury - sad...

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
like Doug Gilmore crawling back to the bench in Calgary after the knee- injury - sad...

I remember watching that game and man it was sad to see. I for some reason always thought it was against the Canadians? Every time I remember it I think ****ing Montreal...

Tyler Biggs*

I just watched an interview with Carlyle, and he said that the Leafs will be paying for any, and all medical bills associated with his injury because it happened while he was under a PTO contract. They allowed him to choose whether to stay in Toronto, or go home and get care, but either way, they are footing the bill. They also said that when the injury is behind him they would talk to him again at that point, so maybe his career isn’t automatically over at this point…

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tallnder has been released from his tryout contract and heading home to rehab his injured shoulder with his NHL career likely over.

So this closes the book on his Leaf opportunity.

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad