Injury Report: Henrik Tallinder : Dislocated Shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
That sucks, I guess this means its a battle between the 2 rookies Granberg and Percy for #7 (Holzer too)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kind of weird how two between two old vets like Robidas and Tallinder, you have one injured guy coming off two broken legs with a three year contract and another guy whose tryout and career could be over because of a separated shoulder.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I had this eerie feeling as soon as he entered the zone... you got the sense he was skating in recklessly as one would expect from someone desperately holding onto the NHL dream

even if you didn't love his game, you gotta respect that.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
That sucks, I guess this means its a battle between the 2 rookies Granberg and Percy for #7 (Holzer too)

I have the feeling it's Holzer's to lose at this point. Unlike the other two he needs to clear waivers to go down, and at this point in his development I think he's pretty much reached his potential, so who cares if he sits for 15 games. The other two, I wouldn't want to be the 7th guy, especially Percy.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
I would just let Percy and Granberg play #1 minutes in the marlies. Percy looks more ready than granberg IMO

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully he can recover and play for this team. I like Holzer for the 7th spot, but having a veteran #8 like Tallinder would be great!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The way he fell and the way he got up you could tell it was the shoulder and it was going to be of the more serious variety of injury.

Its too bad as his veteran presence might have been an asset.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Expect this injury cost him his chance to make the Leafs. Not sure if he would have made the team in any case but still it is unfortunate for him that his possible last chance to play in the NHL ends like this.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
i'd make this our opening day lineup on D:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Polak
Percy/Holzer - Franson

Send down Percy when Robidas is cleared to play.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
i'd make this our opening day lineup on D:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Polak
Percy/Holzer - Franson

Send down Percy when Robidas is cleared to play.

How adamant is Carlyle about strong side defenders?

Haven't seen enough of Rielly this year, the one game I did see he looked like he was trying out and not quite there. He was probably better in Ottawa.

RHD: Polak, Franson, Robidas, Holzer, Granberg
LHD: Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly, MacWilliam, Percy

Phaneuf-Polak
Gardiner-Robidas / Franson if Robidas can't go
Rielly - Franson / Holzer if Robidas can't go

Tallinder would be hard pressed to be in the top 6, as a LHD he'd have to beat out one of Phaneuf, Gardiner, or Rielly.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

Haven't seen enough of Rielly this year, the one game I did see he looked like he was trying out and not quite there. He was probably better in Ottawa.

Phaneuf-Polak

Tallinder would be hard pressed to be in the top 6, as a LHD he'd have to beat out one of Phaneuf, Gardiner, or Rielly.

We just made a trade solely for the purpose of evening out the left and right sides so i'd say he thinks it's quite important

Tallinder might have been able to play the off side as a veteran but I agree. If we do carry 7D it'll be a righty because that's likely where he'd slot in either as a Franson replacement or if Robidas gets injured

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
If a player on a try out contract gets injured that severely does the team get to wash their hands of them? Did Tallinder have to buy his own insurance prior to playing for the Leafs? Would suck if he's just on his own now. Guys he's going back to Europe once he heals up.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
If a player on a try out contract gets injured that severely does the team get to wash their hands of them? Did Tallinder have to buy his own insurance prior to playing for the Leafs? Would suck if he's just on his own now. Guys he's going back to Europe once he heals up.

yep, the most likely scenario. unless nonis and carlyle liked what they saw in him during his limited time here and sign him to a 1 year contract.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
There are still some waiver and unsigned d-men available but don't they have to try Holzer or Granberg - please not Percy.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Phaneuf-Polak

Phaneuf paired with Robidas at practice today.
Other notable lines:
Leivo joins Kadri/Nylander
JVR/Bozak/Kessel together
Winnik at center with Ashton/Lupul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad