WC: Henrik Sedin says Mike Smith is a diver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
He's absolutely right, but every single goalie in the league dives. Every single goalie.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He is 100% right, he is a diver, everybody knows this, even HF knows this

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Probably still mad about the Edler suspension

still doesn't justify him making the comments. Mike Smith is one of the worst out there though.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Henrik plays with Burrows and Kesler, he knows a thing or two about diving.

lol @ people calling Hank himself a diver and posting the same videos as usual.

/e keep in mind Edler got a joke of a suspension because of Smith's theatrics so that's most likely why he's not amused

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He's absolutely right, but every single goalie in the league dives. Every single goalie.

I don't mean to come into this thread and de-rail it, but I don't think I've ever seen Antti Niemi embellish or dive what so ever. I'm sure there are other goalies who I just don't watch enough.

Smith is in the upper tier of bad though, so is Jimmy Howard.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Thank god Henrik finally has a quotable quote!

And just because someone might do the same thing, doesn't make it any less true. Henrik hasn't dived in the past 2 years.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Smith answers (with a Hamhuis vid. in the article too for those who are interested)

That it is cool [what Sedin said]. I just go behind the net and do my job. I play the puck and what happens happens. Lets worry about that when we go out on the ice
[translated from the Swedish translation, so some might be lost].

For my part I really agree with Henrik that it is wrong that Smith holds on the puck as he does just to draw a penalty. He is abusing the protection he gets by the rules.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
In finnish media it was added that Henrik send that message mainly for referees, because they might not know Smith.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Take it easy, Sedin's just trying to **** with the heads of Smith and the refs. Doubt that it will do any good but I don't mind a bit of back-and-forth trash-talk before these games. To bad most hockey players are so damn polite all the time.

In finnish media it was added that Henrik send that message mainly for referees, because they might not know Smith.

That's the boring truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad