Henrik reaches 800 career points!

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Great accomplishment, he's been great in all aspects for the organization.

And I don't agree with the people saying Daniel hasn't been same since Keith hit, he's fine!

Hopeless Unbeliever

May 1, 2011
Scotland
We've truly been spoilt as fans to have these two great talents in our blue and green for many years. I hope they remain as involved in the community when they retire as Trev is. They seem like great people, and it would be a great injustice to see them retire without a nice shiny ring, IMO.

I would have thought they would go back to Sweden, but I'm sure they'd still be in Vancouver fairly regularly and continue their unbelievable philanthropy.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Hank is the ****ing man, pretty funny how Posters on the main forum dislike him. He's like the nicest superstar ever

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The Sedins (or Henrik & Daniel) need a proper highlight video on youtube. They have scored so many sick goals.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Hank is the ****ing man, pretty funny how Posters on the main forum dislike him. He's like the nicest superstar ever

Why the hell did I go to main forum and read that thread? :facepalm:

Have you guys noticed how people constantly feel the need to make a little disclaimer before they say something positive about the Canucks, lest they be mistaken for a fan? It's like the new "no homo".

"Can't stand the guy, but great accomplishment"
"Hate the Canucks, but good game tonight"
etc.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
1200 points would put him comfortably in the top 50 all-time... he's got a shot.

Henrik Sedin is currently 58th in career +/-.... 2pts ahead of Steve Yzerman.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
1200 points would put him comfortably in the top 50 all-time... he's got a shot.

I think he'll stay ppg or slightly above this season, but looking at 5-6 years down the road, I think average 70 pts per season is generous. It would take 6 years at that pace to reach 1200 pts. While it's definitely possible, I don't see the Sedins playing at that level until they're almost 40.

Nov 1, 2011
I would have thought they would go back to Sweden, but I'm sure they'd still be in Vancouver fairly regularly and continue their unbelievable philanthropy.

I don't think they want to pull their kids out of school. Lock them up fit 3+ years and they will be in Vancouver for a long time.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I think he'll stay ppg or slightly above this season, but looking at 5-6 years down the road, I think average 70 pts per season is generous. It would take 6 years at that pace to reach 1200 pts. While it's definitely possible, I don't see the Sedins playing at that level until they're almost 40.

6 seasons if he plays through age 39

400 points to reach 1200

That's only 67 points a season. No problem if he can continue to stay healthy and wants to play that long.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
6 seasons if he plays through age 39

400 points to reach 1200

That's only 67 points a season. No problem if he can continue to stay healthy and wants to play that long.

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if the Sedins retire in in 2-3 years. I expect they'll play until they have at least 1000 points though...that has always been a benchmark in the nhl.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

The disrespect he and his brother have gotten and still get is probably one of the most unbelievable things you will ever see about HF.

Way to be Hank.

Already one of the best Canucks of all-time.

Fixed your post. ;)

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Congrats to Hank. You know that Daniel cannot be too far behind.

The Sedins have a great capacity to continually grow their game like they are this year. That element makes me think they can have long, long careers if they choose to.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Congrats to Hank. You know that Daniel cannot be too far behind.

The Sedins have a great capacity to continually grow their game like they are this year. That element makes me think they can have long, long careers if they choose to.

It was easy for me to picture them still being star players in their mid 30's when I looked at guys like Sundin and Alfredsson.

Snow Horvat

The Big C
Apr 30, 2013
Wow, a lot of deeply insightful stuff in this thread. Amazing!

tumblr_mujce0t_E4o1s5n077o2_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad