Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hank was excellent last night. CBJ could have had 4 or 5. He stopped two very solid breakaway chances to keep the guys in it, and he was peppered at more than a few points.

If the team is on, and Hank is playing like this, watch out everyone.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
He looks so fluid and so in the zone right now. Like he's been itching to play for a long time. If we play above average defense we will win the cup with him and Talbot and our team speed and intensity.

"In the zone" is the perfect description. He not only looks rock solid, but absolutely amped. Like he is downing a pot of coffee before every game.

If he plays like this in the playoffs... good night.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Not to be a downer but I wonder when Lundqvist will start fading...for a guy who relies on his reflexes a lot, 33 is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but he's still at his career average or better. To be honest I find that pretty impressive. I guess Tim Thomas was a very reflex oriented goalie as well (though with a very different style) and he put up the best year of his career at 36-37. Hopefully Lundqvist keeps rolling into his late 30's as well

Thomas was a scrambler, though. Like Hasek. That's not Hank's game. He relies on his fundamentals and positioning more than a guy like Thomas.

There's no way to tell when a guy's age is gonna catch up with him. I mean, look at Wade Redden, then look at a guy like Jagr. No one would have predicted either of those career trajectories years ago.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
"In the zone" is the perfect description. He not only looks rock solid, but absolutely amped. Like he is downing a pot of coffee before every game.

If he plays like this in the playoffs... good night.

a pot of coffee? he'd probably have to pee.....a lot.
that would sure keep you on your toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad