Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's back up to speed already. Hank's got his eyes on the prize right now. Love to see it.

His pads were moving the fastest I've ever seen them, do you agree? The rest possibly kept him fresh, which bodes well for a playoff run.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not to be a downer but I wonder when Lundqvist will start fading...for a guy who relies on his reflexes a lot, 33 is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but he's still at his career average or better. To be honest I find that pretty impressive. I guess Tim Thomas was a very reflex oriented goalie as well (though with a very different style) and he put up the best year of his career at 36-37. Hopefully Lundqvist keeps rolling into his late 30's as well

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
His pads were moving the fastest I've ever seen them, do you agree? The rest possibly kept him fresh, which bodes well for a playoff run.

He does. he's very active on the puck now

Not to be a downer but I wonder when Lundqvist will start fading...for a guy who relies on his reflexes a lot, 33 is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but he's still at his career average or better. To be honest I find that pretty impressive. I guess Tim Thomas was a very reflex oriented goalie as well (though with a very different style) and he put up the best year of his career at 36-37. Hopefully Lundqvist keeps rolling into his late 30's as well

Elite goalies play for a long time.... I don't doubt we see a similar trend to Thomas with Hank...

Look at Luongo.. he's the primary reason the panthers were good this year, and the guy is 36... Lundqvist has a remarkably healthy body as well

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah Luongo is a good one to point to and closer to Lundqvist stylistically. I'm just not ready for another goalie to take over as the Rangers #1 ;) (and he needs to earn that contract!)

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
33 is pretty young for a goalie

He definitely has 4-5 good years left

This might be the best chance he has to win a Cup

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Most goalies have seen a marked decline to their game around 35. This is it. I dont think the Rangers will have a better chance in Lundqvist's career.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

After years of playing with mediocre teams, he now has entered his window. It started in 2012, when we had a great run and we have been building on that ever since.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Absolutely. Makes sense. He's fresher than he's ever been at this time of year, and he was able to do most relevant workouts for most of his time off.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Is there anyone left who still thinks Talbot should be starting in the playoffs? Or have those people quietly disappeared now?

Lundqvist has quickly returned to form and played an excellent game tonight.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Is there anyone left who still thinks Talbot should be starting in the playoffs? Or have those people quietly disappeared now?

They popped their heads in after the team played their worst game of the year in Boston. Then they all just disappeared.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

I for one feel confident that if anything happens to Lundqvist during the playoff run Cam in capable of stepping in and playing at an extremely high level. It should be obvious to everyone now that Cam Talbot is the real deal when it comes to playing in the NHL.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I for one feel confident that if anything happens to Lundqvist during the playoff run Cam in capable of stepping in and playing at an extremely high level. It should be obvious to everyone now that Cam Talbot is the real deal when it comes to playing in the NHL.
I believe that Talbot can step in if Lundqvist is hurt, as he did admirably, but my question was not relating to that, it was about starting Talbot over a healthy Lundqvist.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
He looks so fluid and so in the zone right now. Like he's been itching to play for a long time. If we play above average defense we will win the cup with him and Talbot and our team speed and intensity.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013

I still think that we would have a better chance with him in the playoffs.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We know. The beautiful thing about America is everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I agree, but the "free thinkers" can sure make a lot of noise...

Freedom-of-Speech-megaphone-300x2361.jpg

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
We know. The beautiful thing about America is everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I think I've showed in the last half of the season that my opinion is far from wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think Hank plays well now, I really do, despite of an easy schedule. And that means a lot coming from someone like me.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think I've showed in the last half of the season that my opinion is far from wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think Hank plays well now, I really do, despite of an easy schedule. And that means a lot coming from someone like me.

The only thing you've proved to me is you truly believe the rubbish about Talbot being better than Lundqvist. Doesn't make it right, thats for sure.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

You've showed or Cam has shown?

You're going to go with the guy that's never won a playoff game over the guy that's taken you to the ECF and the Stanley Cup Final? .846 save % in the playoffs? I realize it's only two games, but...

oooooookay

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
You've showed or Cam has shown?

You're going to go with the guy that's never won a playoff game over the guy that's taken you to the ECF and the Stanley Cup Final? .846 save % in the playoffs? I realize it's only two games, but...

oooooookay

I think the award yesterday was the final prove that he is ready. Been saying that he is the real deal for month now and was laughed at in the process. The main reason I'm not very comfortable with Hank is because I can't stand those empty net goals that he allows. One example was in the last game, though our D was at fault on that play. But I still don't get why he falls on his stomach after the first shot and takes himself out of play. What can fly against an average team like Jackets, won't do in the playoffs. You will play great teams and probably with low scoring games. So every extra goal allowed could be the difference between staying and being eliminated.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
You're entitled to your opinion, but it couldn't be more wrong.

I was pretty hard on Hank during his slow start, but there was never a question about who our #1 is, and should be.

Now, and for the foreseeable future, Lundqvist, not Talbot, gives us the best chance to win.

Talbot performed admirably while Hank was down, but I'll take 10 seasons of regular season and playoff excellence over 20 games of great play.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I think the award yesterday was the final prove that he is ready. Been saying that he is the real deal for month now and was laughed at in the process. The main reason I'm not very comfortable with Hank is because I can't stand those empty net goals that he allows. One example was in the last game, though our D was at fault on that play. But I still don't get why he falls on his stomach after the first shot and takes himself out of play. What can fly against an average team like Jackets, won't do in the playoffs. You will play great teams and probably with low scoring games. So every extra goal allowed could be the difference between staying and being eliminated.

You mean like this?

Or maybe this??

Stop embarrassing yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad