Tribute Henrik Lundqvist Retires

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
If you have the cash, just get the weekday mini plan with that game. Lots of seats still open for mini plans. That plan isn't even that bad either. You get a few Friday games, including the Hank game, Montreal is in there, so is Toronto. Flyers, Pens, and Canes divisional games. Would have to bite the bullet and take the NJ preseason game on October 6. Of course you need to make sure you can afford that, but the cheapest ones are about $117 per ticket.

If you want to, you could probably buy that plan, sell the Hank game, and make back a bunch of what you paid and have tickets at a reduced price for the remaining 9 regular season games.

this is actually a very good idea for those who are dying to go…

Reactions: Ginger Papa

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Just did the the Weekday plan, got two tickets for $2500...I probably would have had to spend the same amount to just get two tickets to Lundqvist night, huh.

Is there any risk that MSG changes that weekday plan and removes the MIN game? I'm terrified of that happening...

EDIT: In the Ticketmaster confirmation email, it says:
Please be advised that your season ticket subscription is not complete until you receive written notice from MSG confirming subscriber status, which may be given in MSG’s sole discretion.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Just did the the Weekday plan, got two tickets for $2500...I probably would have had to spend the same amount to just get two tickets to Lundqvist night, huh.

Is there any risk that MSG changes that weekday plan and removes the MIN game? I'm terrified of that happening...

EDIT: In the Ticketmaster confirmation email, it says:

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

I can't imagine that they'd do that and I"m actually thinking about doing the same thing. Let us know when you get the confirmation. I assume it's just an email.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I can't imagine that they'd do that and I"m actually thinking about doing the same thing. Let us know when you get the confirmation. I assume it's just an email.
I hope you're right! I'm actually sitting here thinking "there's no chance they don't cancel my order". Just seems like a typical MSG move.

Still nothing yet, I'll post again when I hear back one way or the other.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I hope you're right! I'm actually sitting here thinking "there's no chance they don't cancel my order". Just seems like a typical MSG move.

Still nothing yet, I'll post again when I hear back one way or the other.

Sure MSG would be losing out on that game, but you have bought 9 other games at their mini plan rate. They might have sold to someone else, but if they don't get bought in a plan, those are the seats that pop up on ticketmaster closer to gameday. I don't think they'll cancel them.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Sure MSG would be losing out on that game, but you have bought 9 other games at their mini plan rate. They might have sold to someone else, but if they don't get bought in a plan, those are the seats that pop up on ticketmaster closer to gameday. I don't think they'll cancel them.

Agreed. And MSG, also isn't going to mark up those tickets 10x like Stubhub prices. They're maybe going to double or triple. So to cancel all those other games (especially the pre-season one) it would probably cost them money. I really think you're good.

Fansince1992

May 18, 2014
Agreed. And MSG, also isn't going to mark up those tickets 10x like Stubhub prices. They're maybe going to double or triple. So to cancel all those other games (especially the pre-season one) it would probably cost them money. I really think you're good.

There were a couple of $500 and $750 tickets available a few minutes ago, but they're gone now!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If you have the cash, just get the weekday mini plan with that game. Lots of seats still open for mini plans. That plan isn't even that bad either. You get a few Friday games, including the Hank game, Montreal is in there, so is Toronto. Flyers, Pens, and Canes divisional games. Would have to bite the bullet and take the NJ preseason game on October 6. Of course you need to make sure you can afford that, but the cheapest ones are about $117 per ticket.

If you want to, you could probably buy that plan, sell the Hank game, and make back a bunch of what you paid and have tickets at a reduced price for the remaining 9 regular season games.

thanks for this. I didn’t even think of it till I saw your post. Ended up splitting a couple seats with a buddy.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Got a pair for $500 seconds after it was announced. Can’t f***ing wait.

They also played the Wild the night of Richter’s retirement.

I was there that night, and wouldn’t be missing Hank’s number going up either.
$500???

Your boy is sitting inside the subway station.

Fansince1992

May 18, 2014
I don't think I can see each game's individual price, at least not yet, but 10 RS games Section 212 came to $2550 for the pair, so ~$125 a ticket.

Yeah but not all tickets are the same face value. At least you can sell a few games, or even the retirement game and make all of your money back.

Fansince1992

May 18, 2014
That game is tier 3 (out of 5). My season tickets are $105/game on average and tier 3 games are $101 face value.

Surprised this game isn't a Tier 5? If sure divisional rivalry games are, but that's cheap for a retirement ceremony.

Most I've ever paid is $400 a ticket to game 6 against Montreal in 2014.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Surprised this game isn't a Tier 5? If sure divisional rivalry games are, but that's cheap for a retirement ceremony.

Most I've ever paid is $400 a ticket to game 6 against Montreal in 2014.
The tiering was probably already done but not announced by the time Hank retired. But it's a Friday nght game so on that account I'm surprised its tier 3. Tiers are usally based on whether its holiday season, weekend or rivalry. Monday night vs the Wings wouldn't normally be a big deal (despite being O6) but its 12/27 so it is Tier 4. There's 13 games against the Metro of which 7 are tiers 4 or 5. Yet one of the last home games against the canes is tier 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad