Tribute Henrik Lundqvist Retires

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I’ve done just that and spent about 1200 on tickets to 4 games. 1/28 is a Friday night so I don’t think they would do it then. I really don’t believe with COVID still with us and uncertainty surrounding that they would do it early like October or Novemeber. Why risk scheduling it for then when there’s a possibility, however big or small. They can’t accommodate fans? The one game I don’t have tickets for where they might do it is 1/19 against the Leafs. Wednesday night game so that’s a maybe. At worst, I figure I can just go to the games I’ve bought tickets for or sell them for close to what I paid. It’s worth the risk.

What I fear and what has a high probability is if the season ticket holder renegs and is reluctant to give up those tickets to whichever game it is. Stubhub has a “guarantee” that if a seller “drops tickets” and refuses delivery, they can use that person’s credit card to buy comparable seats for the buyer to that event. But will Stubhub really go ahead and charge that person 5-6x to obtain tickets? I’m not so sure.

This was a major story when Kobe retired a few years ago. Stubhub and similar sites just took the sellers side and canceled the order as they were "listed incorrectly"

StubHub Canceled A Fan’s Tickets To Kobe Bryant's Last Game When Their Value Increased 664%

I would expect the same thing to happen when a date is announced. Stubhub gets more out of screwing the buyer and letting the seller relist the original tickets for a higher price/higher commission.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
This was a major story when Kobe retired a few years ago. Stubhub and similar sites just took the sellers side and canceled the order as they were "listed incorrectly"

StubHub Canceled A Fan’s Tickets To Kobe Bryant's Last Game When Their Value Increased 664%

I would expect the same thing to happen when a date is announced. Stubhub gets more out of screwing the buyer and letting the seller relist the original tickets for a higher price/higher commission.

Thanks for sharing the article. This is exactly the situation I could see happen but as the article described, Stubhub ended up coughing up enough compensation for the guy to attend AND they admitted handling it improperly. I’m not saying they would do anything different in a similar situation but it would be another public relations nightmare if they just canceled the sale because the price went up. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would make a stink.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
So way back in March of 2020, I had to cancel a 30th birthday trip to the UK and Ireland with my wife and a few friends. Was obviously super bummed about it, but Im pretty much over it now. My wife says to me she will buy me tickets to the game where they retire Henrik Lundqvist's number as a make up 30th birthday present.

Hank is obviously the first real superstar I watched for his entire career, and he is largely responsible for the best years of ranger hockey in my conscious life, so this really means a lot to me.

Fast forward to this year. Henrik Lundqvist has retired and his number will be retired this season likely in late February, Early March. It just so happens that we have twins on the way due March 11th, and twins usually come early.

long story short, I won't be going to Hank's retirement, but its for the best reason, and I couldn't be happier about it.

PS if one of the babes is a boy, his name will be Henry. Hank for short.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017

This happened to me one time. I saw tickets listed for 100$ a pop behind the Miami heat bench for theor season opener against the mavs after they lost the finals in that lockout year. It was a christmas game. Anyway i scooped up the 4 tickets. 3 days later i got a call from StubHub saying they couldn't sell me the tickets but provided me tickets that were pretty good.
I think stubhub had an error on those tix and were missing a 0.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
ah f***. I went after the 3/2 game. The caps game is espn.

could be LA before the Olympics. They could get everyone watching before the Olympics distracts
You never know, the Rangers could ask TNT to take them off that game or something but I wouldn’t bet in it.

I’d look for weekday games that aren’t on National Broadcasts, against an opponent that might not be that interesting.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Got some from Ticketmaster this morning. Verified resale. Do you think I'll have any issue with them releasing the tickets to me? Whoever listed them definitely didn't have Henrik's retirement night priced in...

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Got some from Ticketmaster this morning. Verified resale. Do you think I'll have any issue with them releasing the tickets to me? Whoever listed them definitely didn't have Henrik's retirement night priced in...

Genuinely don't know. I got mine standard admission, so im hoping & praying i can keep them

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If you have the cash, just get the weekday mini plan with that game. Lots of seats still open for mini plans. That plan isn't even that bad either. You get a few Friday games, including the Hank game, Montreal is in there, so is Toronto. Flyers, Pens, and Canes divisional games. Would have to bite the bullet and take the NJ preseason game on October 6. Of course you need to make sure you can afford that, but the cheapest ones are about $117 per ticket.

If you want to, you could probably buy that plan, sell the Hank game, and make back a bunch of what you paid and have tickets at a reduced price for the remaining 9 regular season games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3