Tribute Henrik Lundqvist Retires

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really great career. Really emotional now and sad. Class act by the Rangers to immediately announce that they will retire his number.

I know it sucks he couldn’t play last year but still happy he only played for the Rangers.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I remember one post game interview in 2011 or 12 where he said the clock is ticking, I'm getting older and who knows how many chances I'll have at this thing (Stanley Cup). And I thought pffft, thats years away, don't think like that Hank. Now it's here, and it makes me legitimately sad. The Henrik Lundqvist experience was a ride I never wanted to get off.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
So much to dissect. He was an innovator, first and foremost. Introduced the header, and European-cut suits to the unwashed heathen. The hair. His style was head and shoulders above all else. GQ.

In a world constantly full of despair and darkness, he brought light to the world every night for two-and-a-half hours. When he was on, he guaranteed two points in the standings, three shampoo purchases at the Duane Reade, and hearts aflutter everywhere.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Hank.jpg

Thank you for all the memories, Hank! You are a great Ranger and human, nothing but the best.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for the memories hank and congratulations . You’ve been a class act since your first day with NYR until your departure. I wish we could have got his name etched on the cup just once. He really deserved it. Especially in the early years when hank and Jagr righted the ship.
Guy was true class and gave us tons of heart stopping fun moments.
He certainly deserved more accolades/awards and was a top 3 goalie for a long time.
For making the rangers respectable and bringing back that winning culture, I salute you. Enjoy your retirement, you’ve earned it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Thanks for the memories hank and congratulations . You’ve been a class act since your first day with NYR until your departure. I wish we could have got his name etched on the cup just once. He really deserved it. Especially in the early years when hank and Jagr righted the ship.
Guy was true class and gave us tons of heart stopping fun moments.
His name will still get etched on the cup in management/coaching whatever job he does for us when we win :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad