Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist Injury Thread Part 2 [Mod Warning Post 410]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@NYRangers: AV on @HLundqvist30: "He's been pushing real hard..I understand he's looking good" no timetable still for return #NYR

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm basing this on pretty much nothing, but I'd bet that NYR don't say anything certain about his readiness until he's literally about to play a game.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'm basing this on pretty much nothing, but I'd bet that NYR don't say anything certain about his readiness until he's literally about to play a game.

That's their MO. Hank will play at least one game in the next 3 in 4 from Saturday to Tuesday next week. That's the latest for his return, may be as early as the first game next weekend.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That's their MO. Hank will play at least one game in the next 3 in 4 from Saturday to Tuesday next week. That's the latest for his return, may be as early as the first game next weekend.

Agreed. We'll maybe hear from a beat writer that he's practicing fully with the team at some point, otherwise, I expect radio silence until he's about to get back into action.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I got a random totally hypothetical question:

Say Lundqvist is done for the season + playoffs, doesn't play another game until next season, and we win the Cup. Would Lundqvist be entitled to have his name engraved on the Cup? He's only played in 39 games, and my understanding is you need either 41 games played in the season or at least 1 game played during the SCF. Lundqvist would have done neither, so he wouldn't qualify, correct?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Say Lundqvist is done for the season + playoffs, doesn't play another game until next season, and we win the Cup. Would Lundqvist be entitled to have his name engraved on the Cup? He's only played in 39 games, and my understanding is you need either 41 games played in the season or at least 1 game played during the SCF. Lundqvist would have done neither, so he wouldn't qualify, correct?

Would probably pull an Edzo and petition the league to put his name on the cup... I highly doubt that would be a problem...

Does it count if you're a backup? Cause he could just dress as a backup and get his name on the cup that way

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Konstantinov's name was put on the Stanley Cup, you can bet that after Lundqvist's entire career so far, if for some reason he couldn't play two more regular season games this year, or one game in the SCF, he would have his name petitioned onto the Cup as Konstantinov's was.

Hank will be back and will play at least 41 games this season, and god willing we get back to the SCF, will be playing there so I don't think it will be an issue.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It is up to the team who they want to give championship rings and who's names will be engraved on the Cup. Bozo the Clown got his name engraved on the Cup despite only playing 1 game in the play-offs.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Konstantinov's name was put on the Stanley Cup, you can bet that after Lundqvist's entire career so far, if for some reason he couldn't play two more regular season games this year, or one game in the SCF, he would have his name petitioned onto the Cup as Konstantinov's was.

Hank will be back and will play at least 41 games this season, and god willing we get back to the SCF, will be playing there so I don't think it will be an issue.

Didn't Konstantinov get seriously injured in a tragic card accident and his career was over afterwards? I mean that's quite a bit different of a situation from Lundqvist's, though I do think you're right in that he would be petitioned, I'm just curious if the league would allow him on. The guy was a huge part of our first half of the season, so it's not like he didn't deserve it. I do hope he can play a few games to end the regular season just to get his sea legs under him. I'm quite concerned he'll be really rusty when he first starts game action again.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Update 3/16 1:05 AM

There is no medical update concerning Henrik Lundqvist’s recovery from the vascular injury he sustained on Jan. 31 when struck in the throat by a shot from the Hurricanes’ Brad Malone — this is a recording — but coach Alain Vigneault said he had received positive reports from medical trainer Jim Ramsay and strength/conditioning coach Reg Grant.

“I checked with Rammer and Reg, and I guess he’s pushing real hard on the ice,” Vigneault said of Lundqvist before the game. “Conditioning-wise, I understand he’s looking real good.”

On Friday, Vigneault said he thought Lundqvist would be ready to play soon after receiving medical clearance. Sunday, and to no one’s surprise, the coach allowed the goaltender would need to go through a few practice sessions with the club before getting into a game.

“He’s obviously going to require some team practice time,” said the coach. “How much, I don’t know.”

http://nypost.com/2015/03/16/super-sub-comes-up-huge-for-rangers-in-debut/

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
He's not the answer. Hanks successor is one of the 3 young goalies we have.

Agreed. It's either one of Halverson, Shestyorkin, Skapski or someone from outside of the system. My guess is that Talbot is traded some time within the next 12 months.

Hank is 33, if you give him another 4 to 6 years (contract ends in 6), any of those three will be at the right age to step in.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 4m4 minutes ago
Kings game is 23rd. "@TheHockeyNews: Rangers ready for Henrik Lundqvist's return March 24, says @THNKenCampbell. http://*******/1Frv1Sv

:laugh: @ Zip. The Kings game is definitely the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad