News Article: Henrik Lundqvist...Best Goalie in the NHL

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662735&navid=DL|NHL|home

Not surprising.

Think about this, I mean, really think about this guys.

He's got a 2.19 GAA....he gives up just a hair more than 2 goals a game, and he's got almost as many losses (13) as he does wins (14)

Tell me that doesn't make you puke a little.

Said this almost word for word last night to my girlfriend.

It's ridiculous people blame Hank for a loss where the team can't even score ONE god damn goal. Hank is far from the problem with this team, even when he does have a bad night. This damn offense and defense has bad nights every night almost.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
All we need is 3 goals. With Hank in net, that's all you need.

If we could score 3 goals a game, we'd be in first place right now.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Said this almost word for word last night to my girlfriend.

It's ridiculous people blame Hank for a loss where the team can't even score ONE god damn goal. Hank is far from the problem with this team, even when he does have a bad night. This damn offense and defense has bad nights every night almost.

Especially ragging on him when we get SHUTOUT. Its unbelievable. Without Hank we are Oilers status

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Lundqvist is consistently good. His year to year stats are amazing. Every year there's 1-2 goaltenders who have a great year (i.e. St. Louis guys last year) but then they level out. Not the King. Best in the league, no one else even close and the most consistent goaltender in the NHL.

Fasth is a great example of media hype. He has a ton of holes (glove side high) and he's having a rougher trip the second time around the league. Barry obviously missed Crawford in last years playoffs. Of course, the Hawks weren't there long. His list would better be called the flavor of the day rather than the best goaltenders in the NHL.

Last edited:

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
lol

1.anderson hasnt played since kreider hit him
2.crawford is simply not that good
3.price as overrated as he is, habs are good this year i dont have a problem with him in the top 8
4.dont watch kari enough to comment but ive always thought of him as a good goalie
5.rask should be higher
6.devils have been undoubtly better with fatso in the net no problem with him in top 8
7.rinne has been good but lastnight was kinda funny
8.rookie who came out of nowhere is suddenly a top 8 goalie?

no hank quick or smith ? really?

How on Earth is Price over-rated? He's a really friggin good goalie... you should watch him more.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
2.19GAA and .922SV% playing in front of probably the worst team the Rangers have iced during his tenure here.

The team isn't even good defensively anymore. There are so many defensive gaffes with out "top" core of defense men.

I applaud him for keeping his numbers consistent with last year, because, last year the team in front of him was much better offensively and defensively.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Cross check Melrose in the face. The entire country of Sweden will vote 9,500,000 to 0 on Henrik being better than Fasth, including his parents.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
2.19GAA and .922SV% playing in front of probably the worst team the Rangers have iced during his tenure here.

The team isn't even good defensively anymore. There are so many defensive gaffes with out "top" core of defense men.

I applaud him for keeping his numbers consistent with last year, because, last year the team in front of him was much better offensively and defensively.

Don't forget back in his early years he was surrounded with Poti, Ward, Tyutin, Ozolinsh, Pock, Roszival, Rachunek, Malik, Kasparitis, Backman, Strudwick to list a couple........

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
How on Earth is Price over-rated? He's a really friggin good goalie... you should watch him more.

for such an amazing goalie he has somewhat underwhelming numbers and he hasnt been the most consistent goalie out there. he still a good goalie, definitely a very good starter in this league

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
Barry Melrose is a professional troll... Can't believe he's made a career out of annoying people and pretending to be misinformed just to spread misinformation.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Don't forget back in his early years he was surrounded with Poti, Ward, Tyutin, Ozolinsh, Pock, Roszival, Rachunek, Malik, Kasparitis, Backman, Strudwick to list a couple........

Sadly, a lot of those guys put together a better defensive game than what we have now. I really think our players like Girardi/McDonagh have been that underwhelming. Our team looks lost without Staal this season. :shakehead

Heyoooo*

Two part question:

A) Has Hank ever been on a high scoring team?

B) Can anyone imagine him on a high scoring team?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Melrose's list was laughably redundant, he didn't even understand the written instructions. He listed the "what have you done for me right now and not even lately?", not which goalies are the best in the league, period.
for such an amazing goalie he has somewhat underwhelming numbers and he hasnt been the most consistent goalie out there. he still a good goalie, definitely a very good starter in this league
Please list any goalie in this league that has been more consistent than Hank. His stats this year reflects exactly what he should produce when he has a train wreck in front of him instead of a good team.
NO!

quick had shutouts :cry::cry::cry:
There's a reason Hank gives wine bottles to his teammates when he gets a shutout. The team in front usually does half the work for a shutout to occur. This year, they haven't done their job, so not a single wine bottle to them.
The generation of fans that has grown up watching him as their Ranger goalie better appreciate how often he keeps us in games, win or lose. Don't ever take the King for granted.
I call it the "spoiled by Hank" syndrome. Fans who mostly watch the Rangers and not so many other games. Their expectations and tunnel vision when it comes to goalie standards gradually grow out of hand to the point where fans are disappointed when Hank isn't God. If Hank bails ship if this team continutes to suck royally, they will have a rude awakening for whichever poor goalie who will have to try to replace him.

Last edited:

RangersDif

Oct 18, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Anybody putting Fasth in front of Lundqvist is so stupid that I don't even know where to begin. I've seen a LOT of Fasth, and he is nowhere near Henke. He had a great start in the NHL, so ****ing what? He wasn't even the best goaltender in the Swedish Elitserie when he played over here, and in the 2012 WC he sucked for the most part.

Rangers4Life74

Dec 19, 2008
We can't win with the best goalie in the world because we lack the personnel to move the puck up the ice anywhere besides the wall . Even when he was in vezina form he couldn't single handedly beat NJ because we couldn't score enough . At what point are we going to address the need to out together an offensive team . Without elite drafting by bottoming out we will never get there . Having to invest on his next contract so much money in cap to a goaltender and still no scoring is not the way to go about it and HENKE will command Hughes paid goalie in league status once again .
It's a new world order the team needs to stop with the quick fix and build up a team that is young and affordable .

so lets trade our elite goalie for guys who can score,then get stuck losing games 5-4 because our new goalie sucks

did i get that right?

the only way Hank ever gets traded is if he asks for it

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Not bashing Hank but any team with a hot goalie in the playoffs can win the cup.

Not saying he can't do it but so far, his playoffs performance had been uneven. I was at game 5 vs the devils last year and 3 goals on the first 5 shots in a pivotal game was disaster.

He played a big part in us getting home ice last season but to win the cup, he has to take it to another level.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Not bashing Hank but any team with a hot goalie in the playoffs can win the cup.

Not saying he can't do it but so far, his playoffs performance had been uneven. I was at game 5 vs the devils last year and 3 goals on the first 5 shots in a pivotal game was disaster.

He played a big part in us getting home ice last season but to win the cup, he has to take it to another level.

That's if we even make it to the playoffs. If we can win 1 of the next 3 I'll be satisfied.

Hank is all world, can't believe some of the hate he gets around here. His number will be up in the rafters no doubt about that.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
please remove the thought of trading Lundqvist. The goalie market is soooo soft that we will NEVER get what we feel is equal value for him.

Never going to get traded and he's not signing elsewhere either.

Lundqvist = NYR for life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad