News Article: Henrik Lundqvist...Best Goalie in the NHL

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
The generation of fans that has grown up watching him as their Ranger goalie better appreciate how often he keeps us in games, win or lose. Don't ever take the King for granted.

*Bob Richards*

LOL at all the naysayers on him. The fact that they even exist is maddening.

Perhaps I can root for a potential Vezina season for Hank. Not like there is much else to work with.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Lol Barry Melrose doesnt even have Hank on his list. What a joke that guy is.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
The generation of fans that has grown up watching him as their Ranger goalie better appreciate how often he keeps us in games, win or lose. Don't ever take the King for granted.

Couldn't agree more.

Our goalie problems after Richter were disgusting. Lundqvist wasn't only a breath of fresh air for us during a year when Weeks was our starter (ew), but he ended up breaking out and outshining not only Weeks but every other goalie in the NHL. Truly a gift to have this man on our team.

And by the way, for anyone saying he sucks this year...if it wasn't for him, this team would be a lot closer to the basement and you can bank on it.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I don't care about the numbers, it's his despise of losing that makes me respect him so much more.
If the rest of the team cared as much, this team would be better for it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't care about the numbers, it's his despise of losing that makes me respect him so much more.
If the rest of the team cared as much, this team would be better for it.

there's rarely a game where Henrik doesn't come to play. the rest of the team...not so much.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Barry Melrose's list.
1. Anderson
2. Crawford
3. Price
4. Lehtonen
5. Rask
6. Brodeur
7. Rinne
8. Fasth

lol

1.anderson hasnt played since kreider hit him
2.crawford is simply not that good
3.price as overrated as he is, habs are good this year i dont have a problem with him in the top 8
4.dont watch kari enough to comment but ive always thought of him as a good goalie
5.rask should be higher
6.devils have been undoubtly better with fatso in the net no problem with him in top 8
7.rinne has been good but lastnight was kinda funny
8.rookie who came out of nowhere is suddenly a top 8 goalie?

no hank quick or smith ? really?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
lol

3.price as overrated as he is, habs are good this year i dont have a problem with him in the top 8
4.dont watch kari enough to comment but ive always thought of him as a good goalie
5.rask should be higher
6.devils have been undoubtly better with fatso in the net no problem with him in top 8

He's been playing pretty well but he's been ******** the bed recently.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
lol

5.rask should be higher

In fairness to Melrose, the voting was done in mid february.
Still doesn't excuse the fact that Hank, Smith are not on his list.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Barry Melrose's list.
1. Anderson
2. Crawford
3. Price
4. Lehtonen
5. Rask
6. Brodeur
7. Rinne
8. Fasth

1. Hasn't played in weeks... Was decent when he was, but no Vezina Finalist
2. Hell no. Crawford is as good as the team in front of him
3. Price uses his size. I'd keep him here
4. Lehtonen is a monster. He should be higher
5. Rask also a beast. Should be one notch up
6. Dear god... do we need to keep kissing Broduers ass?
7. Has the most shutouts this year I believe. Good goalie, but I wouldn't call him a Vezina Finalist just yet
8. WTF?!

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Wow. Melrose's list is a joke. He had to think the voting was best goalie this year. Had to.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
I'm obviously an Islander fan but IMO, Lundqvist is not only the best in the league, but the gap isn't even particularly close. Frankly the only reason I think people even debate this is because a) they always like knocking down the consensus #1, and b) the rest of the Rangers team is lackluster so some people jump to the ridiculous conclusion that it's Henrik's fault. For my money he is the best, and most consistent goaltender in the league by light years.

*Bob Richards*

There are two things in my life that I wake up every morning to pray to.

1. Henrik Lundqvists' existence
2. Eli Manning's health.

Dorado*

He's great that's why I trade him and get some serious young talent and draft picks in return to actually build a team from the ground up .not now but T the draft or off season .

Dorado*

We can't win with the best goalie in the world because we lack the personnel to move the puck up the ice anywhere besides the wall . Even when he was in vezina form he couldn't single handedly beat NJ because we couldn't score enough . At what point are we going to address the need to out together an offensive team . Without elite drafting by bottoming out we will never get there . Having to invest on his next contract so much money in cap to a goaltender and still no scoring is not the way to go about it and HENKE will command Hughes paid goalie in league status once again .
It's a new world order the team needs to stop with the quick fix and build up a team that is young and affordable .

Dorado*

I'm talking young roster players that already are flourishing or ready to go top prospects And first round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad