News Article: Henrik Lundqvist...Best Goalie in the NHL

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It really is remarkable what Lundqvist has been able to do backstopping such poor rosters since 2005. Hes singlehandedly made bad teams mediocre and mediocre teams good.

Whats really a shame is the people who will not put Lundqvist in the "Ranger legend" category until he wins a cup.

In many ways, what hes been able to do with mismanaged rosters in front of him is more special than winning a cup with a great roster.

satrabyk

Dec 10, 2008
I would not take any other goalie over Hank. Not because he is the most talented but because he competes so much every game. I love this guy and he deserves a good team.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I would not take any other goalie over Hank. Not because he is the most talented but because he competes so much every game. I love this guy and he deserves a good team.

yep. Literally only 1 complaint about Henrik, it's that he's a terrible puck handler. If he could do that, he'd be in the conversation of greatest goalies of all time.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Anybody putting Fasth in front of Lundqvist is so stupid that I don't even know where to begin. I've seen a LOT of Fasth, and he is nowhere near Henke. He had a great start in the NHL, so ****ing what? He wasn't even the best goaltender in the Swedish Elitserie when he played over here, and in the 2012 WC he sucked for the most part.

While mostly correct, your avatar clearly shows your bias on the "not even the best in the SEL" part. Fasth got the SEL equivalent of the Vezina two years in a row. Back to the topic, he has nothing on Lundqvist. Melrose is trolling.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think this video is mandatory for an article like this one, to ease the demoralized hearts of Rangers fans.

:amazed:

Great video, a real reminder of just how special this guy is. We probably won't see another NYR goalie like this in our lifetimes. Just an incredible player.

I love that last save. Savard gives him a little tap on the pads too, haha, there's not denying the skill there.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Henrik Lundqvist

Went back a few pages to see if we had one, apparently not.

.924% and 2.15GAA coming down the final stretch along with 16 wins, 3 behind Backstrom with 19 and a very consistent year giving his team a chance to win almost every night with his 2.15GAA. While there are great candidates for the Vezina, Henrik has recovered nicely into usual form.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If you didn't follow the team all season, would you believe it if someone told you he hasn't had a shutout? Ridiculous :(

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If you didn't follow the team all season, would you believe it if someone told you he hasn't had a shutout? Ridiculous :(

Rather his 0 shutout and 2.15 than Rinne's 5 and 2.29 and multiple 5GA 6GA games.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
Numbers are great, record is not...there are too many of these player threads

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

for a team that scores 2.34GPG before tonight, his numbers can only win him so many games. There are as many threads as there are players worthy of threads.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Absolute joke if he isn't nominated. He won't win it, but he should be nominated. His #'s are great for a team that is struggling.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Hank has taken some flak from some fans this season. It's usually the goalie who gets the blame for a struggling team and this team has struggled mightily. He's had some weak games - or more of a couple of weak goals, but that's nothing unexpected, no player has a perfect season. The margins for error are so extremely small, it is bound to happen once and then.

Overall, Hank has been Hank, as always. His fundamentals are so good, he's so athletic, he's a goalie veteran and he always competes so hard; he never accepts a loss. That means you'll always know what you can expect and receive from the guy in the net.

He's been our best player, as always, if you ask me. He brings a level of consistency no other player on this team can match and that includes Nash. And yeah, he throws out a highlight reel save every once and then, this season has been no exception. ;)

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I thought last night was his best chance at a shutout, although he has himself to blame for kicking the rebound right to Dupuis even though it was a knuckle puck. Otherwise he had great rebound control but didn't have to play over his head like he usually does to keep the team in the game this season.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

I think it's good to have all these player threads. Gives us a place to talk about guys outside of a single game.

Anyways, REBOUNDS!!!!!

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I think it's good to have all these player threads. Gives us a place to talk about guys outside of a single game.

Anyways, REBOUNDS!!!!!

I think his rebounds are somewhat of a mental problem but playing his style, rebounds are just what they are. Happens.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hank absolutely spoiled us last season. He's having a fantastic year and I'd wager most of the fanbase wouldn't say that Hank has carried us this season when they have last year still fresh in the mind.

I really hope he can play at this level for another 5+ years. Love Hank. What a treat to watch him play in Ranger blue.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
2.15 GAA

Hank has basically said "If you can get 3, I'll get us the W".

Any team in the league would kill for that.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
2.15 GAA

Hank has basically said "If you can get 3, I'll get us the W".

Any team in the league would kill for that.

He's hasn't give up more than 2 goals since March 16 (8 games). He's only given up more than 2 goals 4 times in the last 20 games (going back to February 17).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad