Help w/TPS sticks!!!!

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
TPS RESPONSE PLUS - Left Handed - Tkachuk pattern (1/2" heel) - Stiff Flex
as illustrated here: http://www.hockeyboss.com/tpsresponsepluscompositesticksenior.aspx

Anyone help locate this for me? I've tried all over Toronto, ON and even online. A few places carry it but they have yet to reply. Also if you know any place I should be checking please let me know. I've got 4-6 weeks until my ball hockey season starts and need sticks asap!

Thanks in advance,
GLG

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I think you'd be out of luck bud, but you never know. Forget going to Pro Hockey Life, they only carry the latest stuff. I've seen a lot of older TPS sticks at Hockey Experts (TPS Rubber for sure), try PIAS, various Source for Sports places and National Sports as well. I got my R6 Armor from a Nat.Sports.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've tried National & Source For Sports (Just Hockey) with no luck. I only know of one Hockey Experts in Mississauga & 1 PIAS in Markham - guess I'll call them tonight.

Thanks for the tip!

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Agreed with ponder. There's a Hockey Experts in Scarborough too (Kennedy something something)

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
I called Hockey Experts no luck... and yes I find a specific pattern like the TKACHUK for ball hockey the best for me (personal preference fellas).

I got a reply from Hockey Boss (New Jersey store) and to me this pattern looks like a Modano more than the Tkachuk I have... what do you guys think?

Thanks,
GLG

Last edited:

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
thanks i'll check out hockey monkey... i think the more i look at the picture from "Hockey Boss" the more it looks similar to my Tkachuk pattern... man i wish i had a boat load of ca$h, i'd go to a hockey company and get them to make me a bunch of sticks with my pattern!

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
UPDATED: Help w/TPS Sticks!!!!

Dropped in to "Just Hockey-Source For Sports" today and they had 1 TPS Genesis blade in stock, it's gets even better... it was a TKACHUK ---- Of course I took it, unfortunately they didn't have any more or know where to direct me to find more. Persistance pays off!

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If that blade breaks you could always just buy a Bauer PM9/Easton Zetterberg, from your picture it really does look like a virtually identical curve. I'd be very surprised if there was a noticeable difference in performance between a PM9/Zetterberg and your Tkachuk, especially for ball hockey.

Ducksgo*

If that blade breaks you could always just buy a Bauer PM9/Easton Zetterberg, from your picture it really does look like a virtually identical curve. I'd be very surprised if there was a noticeable difference in performance between a PM9/Zetterberg and your Tkachuk, especially for ball hockey.

Exactly its a PM9 or Forsberg Pattern now Zetterbeg?!?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Exactly its a PM9 or Forsberg Pattern now Zetterbeg?!?
If you're asking if the PM9 is equivalent to the Easton Zetterberg (which indeed used to be called the Forsberg, and will soon be called something else since Zetterberg is now with Warrior), then yes, the PM9 is virtually identical to the Zetterberg/Forsberg. If you're asking if the TPS Tkachuk is identical to the Pm9/Forsberg/Zetterberg/etc., from GLG's above pic it looks very close to me. For comparison, here's a Forsberg:

537101_Forsberg-Left.jpg

Maybe the lie is a bit different, but I think it's similar, I have a vague memory that the Tkachuk was TPS's version of the Forsberg/PM9 type curve that is offered by more or less every manufacturer.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
PONDER: "If you're asking if the TPS Tkachuk is identical to the Pm9/Forsberg/Zetterberg/etc., from GLG's above pic it looks very close to me."

It's close in terms of the curve starts in the same place but as you go towards the toe TKACHUK is straighter whereas the Modano/PM9 is rounded. Someone at "Just Hockey" told me TPS was using the Tkachuk to copy the Easton Modano with a slight tweak (straight towards the toe). Why did TPS stop making this version of the Tkachuk... doh!

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
PONDER: "If you're asking if the TPS Tkachuk is identical to the Pm9/Forsberg/Zetterberg/etc., from GLG's above pic it looks very close to me."

It's close in terms of the curve starts in the same place but as you go towards the toe TKACHUK is straighter whereas the Modano/PM9 is rounded. Someone at "Just Hockey" told me TPS was using the Tkachuk to copy the Easton Modano with a slight tweak (straight towards the toe). Why did TPS stop making this version of the Tkachuk... doh!
While not absolutely, 100% identical, it is incredibly close. Most "clones" are slightly different from brand to brand (for example, there are small difference between my Bauer P88 and Easton Iginla), but when curves are so similar it hardly matters. I'd be very surprised if there was any sort of noticeable difference in performance/feel between the two, especially with a ball, unless the lies/rockers are significantly different (impossible to tell from the angle shown in these photos, but should be very easy to check in real life by just holding the blades against each other). If the lie/rocker is similar the tiny difference in the curves should be nothing you can't adjust to almost instantly. If you have trouble finding Tkacuks in the future you should be able to easily switch to a Zetterberg/PM9 (again, assuming similar lie/rocker).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad