help sobering up

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018
I came back to this thread and cringed even harder than the first time. It's one of those things that just gets worse the more you look at it.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I hear that stepping in front of a moving train is effective. I wouldn't know as I ride my hangovers out like a man instead of bitching about them on a f***ing hockey message board.

FusilliJerry

Mar 9, 2018
I'm confused were you still drunk and needing help sobering up at a faster rate or were you hungover and in need of a hangover cure? I have a sure fire hangover cure if that is the case and it is all natural!! This one time me and some friends had the bright idea to drink tequila, so between the 4 of us we downed two bottles of Cuervo 1800. Our DD only had two shots so he was good to take us to the bars. We were bar hopping and causing a ruckus at all the bars we went to, we were asked to leave one bar because my one friend started throwing his nachos across the dance floor, we were asked to leave another bar because I tried doing a hot wing challenge and I ran behind the bar and drank directly from the tap to cool off my mouth after one bite. We were forced to leave 2 other bars because our hot head friend tried to start a fight with the bouncers. When we got back to my buddies place I told the DD I wasn't looking forward to the hangover that was surely to come. So he pulled a bag of what looked like freeze dried bananas and said to eat a couple of them and I wouldn't even feel a hangover. So i ate like three of them and asked him what they were, he called them Payotie (sp?). I don't know if the Payotie was the reason i didn't feel a hangover but I took them at around 3am and the next thing I really remember was being in a diner in Richmond, VA having lunch with a homeless man at 2pm.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Imagine still needing to sober up from last night at 9:10am when you drove home from the bar.

SAD!
If you don't have anything nice or productive or helpful to say then you should probably st*u and gt*fo because this guy needs our help obviously because he has a drunk problem and is asking for advice, which you have given absolutely none, just bullying and trolling, shaking my head at this.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Lots of fluids. Your body is dehydrated and that is what is causing those symptoms. Water. Gatorade. Tomato juice. I like the pedialite suggestion too.

...if you have access to IV fluids, those are perfect and work like a charm.

Non-acetaminophen pain killers. Acetaminophen can be very taxing on your liver. I know you likely don't drink a lot but it can help contribute to liver failure if taken often with or after alcohol.

Rest.

Time.

*while hair of the dog does work, what I have found is that it only delays the inevitable. Plus, you're pretty much drunk again which is not what you want. Although, if you combine that with the above and take a long nap, it can help.

**Benzodiazapines also help but are not suggested because they can be very addictive for some.

Last edited:

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Lots of fluids. You body is dehydrated and that is what is causing those symptoms. Water. Gatorade. Tomato juice. I like the pedialite suggestion too.

Non-acetaminophen pain killers. Acetaminophen can be very taxing on your liver. I know you likely don't drink a lot but it can help contribute to liver failure if taken often with or after alcohol.

Rest.

Time.

*while hair of the dog does work, what I have found is that it only delays the inevitable. Plus, you pretty much drunk again which is not what you want.
My room-mate has a male nurse friend who gives him an IV when he drinks too much to excess.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
stone-cold-beer-o.gif

Here try this

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Cold shower+ Pho soup+ Coca cola

Then take a walk to grab some air

Last edited:

Ad