Help Please

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
We are average and our play has indicated that. Of course I am talking with a full roster. Methot changes things dramatically. One more top line winger and we are above average. An additional top line C(whether that becomes Zibanejad or acquired elsewhere) makes us solid contenders).

I disagree. you say we are a B- I say we are C etc. I don't think having Methot back would have changed a whole lot. A few more wins but not much more.

A top line winger and we are close to average. A 1st line C and we are at least average, if not above, slightly.

Just my opinion.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Here's what you need to know. Bryan Murray was diagnosed with cancer in the offseason, stage 4 terminal And our future is in doubt with Eugene Melnyk crying broke.

Our only healthy non-player staff member Paul MacLean was fired in a knee jerk reaction, and now Dave Cameron is left trying to put the pieces to an incomplete puzzle together.

Most recently, veteran goalie Craig Anderson called the team out for being soft, adding another stamp as to where the leadership is on this team are not the guys wearing the letters, but the supporting cast.

Overall we have put ourselves in a tough spot where we are in between fighting for a playoff spot and having no honor for Connor.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Edmonton is a prime example of what happens when you give youth responsibility. They'll come around when RNH is 30, if he's still on the team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I disagree. you say we are a B- I say we are C etc. I don't think having Methot back would have changed a whole lot. A few more wins but not much more.

A top line winger and we are close to average. A 1st line C and we are at least average, if not above, slightly.

Just my opinion.

Top line C + Top line winger = contender EASILY. Unless you thought I meant each individually.

Even then, one more top line C OR top line winger and we are above average for sure.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Top line C + Top line winger = contender EASILY. Unless you thought I meant each individually.

Even then, one more top line C OR top line winger and we are above average for sure.

I still say a top line C and winger gets us to average or maybe slightly above.

If we got 3 top 6 forwards, we would be above average. We could maybe be top 5 in the conference going into the playoffs.

Just my view of things.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ottawa has been on the cusp of greatness for the last two years but high-level defections in Spezza and Alfredsson have left the team in disarray and set the team back a few years

I don't expect the Senators to make the playoffs for another 2 to 3 years unless a bunch of our rookies breakout or we get McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad