Help me Vote Chris Thorburn into the all-star game!

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I almost did, but then it said I needed to have an account to submit and I figured that was too much work.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Are we doing this because Chris Thorburn, despite not being an all-star, is a fun, cool guy we all love, and we're voting him in because it's funny?

If so, cool!

Or are we doing this because we don't like Chris Thorburn, and want to ridicule his lack of hockey skill by playing him against elite all-stars?

If so, lame.
Cuz I like Chris Thorburn.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Are we doing this because Chris Thorburn, despite not being an all-star, is a fun, cool guy we all love, and we're voting him in because it's funny?

If so, cool!

Or are we doing this because we don't like Chris Thorburn, and want to ridicule his lack of hockey skill by playing him against elite all-stars?

If so, lame.
Cuz I like Chris Thorburn.

I really, really don't believe anyone around here actually dislikes Chris Thorburn as a person. I think most of us really like him it's just he's not very good as a NHL player. But the thing is: You really don't have to be a great NHL player to belong to the NHL All-Star game. It's 100% fan service - and what would be better fan service than voting one of your most popular players to the ASG plus having a great time watching him attend it?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I really, really don't believe anyone around here actually dislikes Chris Thorburn as a person. I think most of us really like him it's just he's not very good as a NHL player. But the thing is: You really don't have to be a great NHL player to belong to the NHL All-Star game. It's 100% fan service - and what would be better fan service than voting one of your most popular players to the ASG plus having a great time watching him attend it?

Thanks GJF, I can get behind that!

(I'm fine with Thor on the 4th line by the way, but yeah, he's obviously not very good comparatively.)

Derfel*

Currently the highest ranked Jets player is Wheeler at #84. Byfuglien is close at #89. Pavelec is at #181????

I decided to support this - all 10 ballots for Thorburn (and Kadri, Kessler and Bobrovski!)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Thanks GJF, I can get behind that!

(I'm fine with Thor on the 4th line by the way, but yeah, he's obviously not very good comparatively.)

If he'd make it (and unfortunately, I doubt he will), I'd watch that damn entire thing for the first time in 5-6 years since following the NHL on a every day basis.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This is a great idea and all, but I just realized: the Jets will probably only get one player in the ASG - if Thorburn gets in, Wheeler will probably get the boot, and he deserves to play.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Derfel*

Hate the idea. If we're to encourage hfboards posters to vote together on a player, why not have it be our best player? (Wheeler) Or someone who's career would benefit from the exposure? (Little) Or encourage managment to extend? (Ladd/Byfuglien) Or drive up the trade value on? (Byfuglien/)Ladd

Best player? They should make it on merit then.

Career benefit from (over-)exposure? Thorburn!

(Dis)courage management to extend? Thorburn!

Drive up the trade value? THORBURN!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Instead of putting all our votes towards Thorburn (despite the humour) who realistically is never going to win, why don't we at least vote for a Jet who has just the slightest chance (i.e. is already doing well) - Byfuglien or Wheeler are the top two right now. It would be cooler if any Jet won it than if Thorburn say made it into the top 50.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Instead of putting all our votes towards Thorburn (despite the humour) who realistically is never going to win, why don't we at least vote for a Jet who has just the slightest chance (i.e. is already doing well) - Byfuglien or Wheeler are the top two right now. It would be cooler if any Jet won it than if Thorburn say made it into the top 50.

Agreed.

Winnipeg should "rock" the vote, not "mock" it.

#votewheeler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad