Help little toe rubbing side of skate

Cole elson

Sep 24, 2019
I wear a size 8 2017 Bauer Xltx pro skates and my right foot is perfectly fine but my on left foot my little toe rubs the side of my skate and it’s very annoying anybody know a fix or do you think I should go up a size 8.5

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah, I've had the same issue

What you need to do is soak your left skate in molasses for about 3 - 4 hours

That'll fix the problem for you

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I wear a size 8 2017 Bauer Xltx pro skates and my right foot is perfectly fine but my on left foot my little toe rubs the side of my skate and it’s very annoying anybody know a fix or do you think I should go up a size 8.5

You've got the right size, just need to make them fit better. Going up will not be the real fix.

If you don't have superfeet or another semi corrective (plastic or composite backed) insole, that is your first step - helps to align the bones in the foot and should help pull the toes back towards center (and create better heel lock).

If that's not enough, or if you want to try to position those toes better specifically.. Take a piece of thin scrap foam (even thin spare plastic would do), about the thickness of a pencil lead (start thin, try thicker if needed). You could also use a stack of business cards, etc. Cut a piece of that about the size and shape of your thumb, more or less into the shape of a "J". Place that carefully under the insole of your left skate boot. It should be faced so that the "J" is oriented properly from above, with the long part of the J aligned to the most right section of the heel, the "hook" of the J would be lined up against the back of the boot.

Adding this shim will serve to pull your baby left toe inwards slightly, hopefully getting rid of the rub in that spot.

Last option would be to blow or punch the skate out in that one spot, but the above might do the trick also.

Pablo Messier

Jan 25, 2019
Try wearing an extra sock on top of the other. Thickness doesnt matter, so thinner is probably better. It's like having an extra layer of skin so the rubbing is against the inner sock rather than your skin.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
There are two solutions I’ve used. One is adding some foam. I get these blister heel pads and cut to size. They’re meant to be in foot wear so the adhesive is really good. You can find them in any drugstore or supermarket. But here’s a link showing you what they look like.

https://www.amazon.com/Beautulip-Ad...=1569523890&sprefix=blister+heel+pads&sr=8-59

This second solution is a lot simpler. And it’s the one I’m using now. A silicon toe cap. I just cut to size and put it on before I put on my sock. Here’s a link to some on amazon. You can also order them on eBay for super cheap from China, but it’ll take forever to get delivered.

https://www.amazon.com/ZenToes-Pack-Gel-Toe-Protector/dp/B01N0C1QIA

Reactions: Fixxer and LeifUK

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Depending on the skate, you can probably get your local pro shop to punch that ill-fitting left skate out a lil bit to make it fit better. But it'll cost a pretty penny, and they'll have to punch out the boot area, not the plasticy toe box, which means you'll probably need a new insert to orient your foot correctly.

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
If they fit length-wise, don't go up in size. If you bought them at a local store, go back there and tell them your problem. They should punch out the area for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad