OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
worst-valentines-day.jpg

Some people might consider trash service a good Valentine's.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
I returned home last evening after being out of town for week with no card, present, etc. Wife has had food poisoning since 1:00 AM Wednesday and just wanted me back.

ugh - poor thing.

I met with my ex last night to talk. It was the most civil we've been with one another in about 10 weeks.

y'all are doing a great job acting civil on social media.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm having a lot of issues at work. The Manager micromanages me and also plays favorites like crazy. Not only that, I make my share of little mistakes. Not sure this field is cut out for me or if it's just the manager. Shit ways on me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
ugh - poor thing.

y'all are doing a great job acting civil on social media.

I unfollowed her in August. I go on about once every week to review stuff of her’s about the kids. She has been doing the same for even longer. I wrote a eulogy for the relationship that we both shared just to air it out.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
I unfollowed her in August. I go on about once every week to review stuff of her’s about the kids. She has been doing the same for even longer. I wrote a eulogy for the relationship that we both shared just to air it out.
Gotcha. I still follow both of you so I did see the eulogy x2. I'm sorry that you're going through it all and I hope it only produces happiness for all of you.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
My wife’s friend came home between work and school yesterday and found her boyfriend in bed with another woman, on Valentine’s Day. So that happened.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I might come down Saturday to watch for a bit. If I look for you ... what do I look for?

We play at 1 - Team MHGA. I'm in the #44. The team is in the 21/30 bracket which I'm not but also Novice which I'm also not so I have no idea what to expect. The captain's daughter is playing and hasn't played in a while so here we are. All I know is it should be a blast!

Thanks by the way!

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gotcha. I still follow both of you so I did see the eulogy x2. I'm sorry that you're going through it all and I hope it only produces happiness for all of you.

Thanks, I appreciate that. It was one of the best and most heart-wrenching thing I ever wrote.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I'll be so happy when Monday rolls around and I can officially be done with this week. Tuesday I realized my phone had unexpectedly turned off. Played around with it over the next two days and saw two different kernel errors and a subsystem error so caved and wound up with a new phone. This morning my vehicle turned off while at a stop sign. It restarted for a moment then shut off again. Had it towed to the dealership who believe it was linked to a recall that occurred in the past six months. At least it was fixed no charge but still another unexpected surprise. First world problems...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
We play at 1 - Team MHGA. I'm in the #44. The team is in the 21/30 bracket which I'm not but also Novice which I'm also not so I have no idea what to expect. The captain's daughter is playing and hasn't played in a while so here we are. All I know is it should be a blast!

Thanks by the way!

Cool seeing you today. Too bad you guys got smoked! One of these years I got to get a team together.
I liked the name of your team :thumbu:

Reactions: Dingo44

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My mom got a text from her best friend (and other grandmother of my nephew) that her husband put his hands on her. So yeah, this is f***ing awful.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
My mom got a text from her best friend (and other grandmother of my nephew) that her husband put his hands on her. So yeah, this is ****ing awful.

I had an employee years ago, who started coming if to work after drinking. Come to find out that her husband was abusing her. He had been for years but it had gotten bad as of late, so she used the alcohol to cope and then was doing it more and more to where it lead to her drinking even before work.

We did everything possible to try and help her and get her with the right people to get her out of that situation. Unfortunately she was so terrified that she wouldn’t take any help and just completely started shutting down and wouldn’t talk to anyone, including the police. It was horrible.

It sucked because she started coming to work after drinking, so often that we had to let her go. We gave her more chances than she would have gotten if we didn’t know her situation but it hit a point we couldn’t let it go any further.

I was all of probably 22 at the time so it was really hard to deal with, and ~14 years later, the looks on her face when her husband was mentioned, and the marks I saw on her upper arms etc still haunt me to this day.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I'm having a lot of issues at work. The Manager micromanages me and also plays favorites like crazy. Not only that, I make my share of little mistakes. Not sure this field is cut out for me or if it's just the manager. **** ways on me.
Sorry to hear that man, I hope it goes better for you

On a different note, I went on a date with a girl I met online, she seems cool. Played a bit of pool at the local hall in town, and she agreed on a 2nd date which was cool.

Saw my friends a couple nights ago, which was awesome.

And I'm finished my online courses through Columbia U. Just have to pay the rest of the fee, and I'm good to go. Guess you could say things are looking up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad