OT: Helm Canadian Olympic Team?

crashman

If Babcock wanted Helm, Stevie would probably find room for him. I don't think it's out the realm of possibility, but it's still unlikely.

It'd be a great opportunity for Helm, but I'd prefer he not go to the Olympics out of my own selfishness. I admit, I'm totally biased because I have a strong dislike for Team Canada, but I'm happy to see any of our other players go play for their respective countries. To hell with Canada though, they can't have Helm!

crashman

Team Canada potential centers: Crosby, Tavares, Toews, Bergeron, Stamkos, Duchene, Getzlaf, Couture, Thronton, Seguin, Giroux, Carter, Spezza, Staal.

I think not.

That's a good point, his chances look extremely slim after looking at that list.

But you have to admit, he would bring a certain element (speed/grit) that none of those guys could. But he has nowhere near the skill of....well, any of them.

Johnz96*

Team Canada potential centers: Crosby, Tavares, Toews, Bergeron, Stamkos, Duchene, Getzlaf, Couture, Thronton, Seguin, Giroux, Carter, Spezza, Staal.

I think not.

You could have compiled a similar list of centers available in 06 and Draper was on that team but I don't think helm is even getting consideration to be on thew team.
If he continues to produce like he has been this year and wins a Selke, I think he might be for 2010.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Yeah, he might have chance to get there. Center's for Canada is a pretty competitive spot, but he's in the same realm as Crosby/Stamkos/Toews/Tavares/Giroux.

... And no, I'm not posting the emoticon for that. It should be obvious.

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
Come on. I love Helm. He's a really exciting player to watch but you're talking about team Canada... I don't have to enumerate the players as some others already did here.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
If Babcock wanted Helm, Stevie would probably find room for him. I don't think it's out the realm of possibility, but it's still unlikely.

It'd be a great opportunity for Helm, but I'd prefer he not go to the Olympics out of my own selfishness. I admit, I'm totally biased because I have a strong dislike for Team Canada, but I'm happy to see any of our other players go play for their respective countries. To hell with Canada though, they can't have Helm!

Yeah, kind of agree with on this, ha ha. I would have to root for Helm at the Olympics, and I don't really want to root for Canada!

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
There is very little chance of this unless Babcock really twists Yzerman's arm about having him there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad