Post-Game Talk: Hellebuyck and the Paper Jets beat leafs 4-3

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Freddy enjoys it again, looking from the other end of the ice as his team dominates opponents just to lose on softy by him.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Defensemen make mistakes all the time.

The Jets made a lot of them on the defensive end but their goalie actually did his job. This is why blaming all of Andersen's faults on defensive mistakes doesn't make sense.

Good goalies have the ability to cover for most of those mistakes. They're not paid to just make the easy saves.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
> Hyman was great, needs to be on the first line
> Matthews is playing well, but is clearly at like 75%
> The 2nd line brought it again, well...not Kerfoot
> Marner and Rielly struggled and where turnover prone
> Muzzin and Holl look like they are playing in quick sand and are panicking so fast
> Yeah, Freddy struggled

corrupted

Mar 9, 2021
Massachusetts
Defensemen make mistakes all the time.

The Jets made a lot of them on the defensive end but their goalie actually did his job. This is why blaming all of Andersen's faults on defensive mistakes doesn't make sense.

Good goalies have the ability to cover for most of those mistakes. They're not paid to just make the easy saves.
I wouldn’t mind using second and beyond on all goalies

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
If we go into the playoffs with Freddy as our number one and we play the Jets I’m very very concerned

Hellebuyck and Demko. Those two have had playoff success in recent years. You wouldn't want to face those guys in an actual playoff series.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I don't think I've ever seen a Deserve-to-Win-O-Meter this far to one side!

upload_2021-3-9_21-30-1.png

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I mean it’s hard not to get worried with 3 in a row lost.

That said, if this wasn’t the third loss in a row we’d all just tip our hats to Helly and write this one off as good goaltending / not enough puck luck.

Streaking in the wrong direction.

Its up to Keefe too IMO. he is so stubborn with matthews-marner and tavares-nylander duo; he has gotta change it up

Reactions: MJK

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I have supported freddy in the past but it's obvious he will never take this team anywhere.

Jets gave up more high danger chances and had more breakdowns yet their goalie made big timely saves over and over.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Andersen was so out to lunch on the game winner it was gross. I can’t stand what he is doung to us. Had to let that fourth one in to really f*** us didn’t he. He was almost out of the net on the right post. Wtf he’s not anywhere near what he used to be. Change of scenery in order. Go with Campbell and Hutch. I hate him now.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
The bottom line is the Leafs can do whatever they want in the regular season when it's not pressure hockey. Playoff time Anderson will shrink as usual and cost the Leafs the series.

This year is just a tease as they started out well. I am more interested in who Dubas will bring in next year.

Reminds me of so many cup winning teams who take it to the next level when they get rid of a goalie and find a guy who leads them to a cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad