Hell froze over: Don Cherry praises a swede

Cunuck

Jun 12, 2010
Vancouver
I couldn't tell you what his problem is but this has always been his schtick. It still works on some of the older crowd I suppose but I don't know many people under 40 who genuinely like him for what he has to say. He is an icon though so if you do publicly state that you dont like him, its blasphemy to some. Most change the channel or hit mute when hes on.

I'm 23 and I love listening to him. Sure he has an old fashioned approach to looking at things but he has good/logical points more often than not.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Nice backhanded compliment I guess.

What's that ****ing guy's problem with us anyway? Swedes and Finns have generally caused very little controversy in the league, are usually good character guys who work hard on the ice, and are stand up people in the communities they play in. Get off our back already.
They took our jobs!!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Cherry praised Anders Hedberg in Sports Illustrated at the 1976 Canada Cup. 41 years ago. I do recognize that this is 2017 though and so everything, including this very sentence, must be exaggerated as much as possible.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I really like EK as a player, he is so fun to watch, What most people, and myself included do not like is his cult following. Anytime you say anything not praising of him you get blasted. That is not EKs fault. Its the cult-fanbase not the player. Toews gets that a lot also, although he is a Hawk so I hate him.

Meh, when you make an argument that is incorrect, you'll probably get a response or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad