Hejduk officially retires

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 2m
Former @Avalanche forward Milan Hejduk announced today that he is retiring from the game of hockey. #Avs

Adrian Dater ‏@adater 2m
Milan Hejduk has officially retired

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Thank you Duke and congratulations on a great career.

I'll see you at your jersey retirement ceremony :handclap:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Congrats on a great career.

I kind of wish we signing him for one more season. So his last season wasn't such a debacle.

He is an Avalanche legend. No doubt. Money in the shootouts.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hate he had to go out like that. He should have gone out on his own terms with a standing ovation after his final shift.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Sens fan coming in peace.

Milan has had a great career and its fully deserved for him to get his jersey retired amongst players like Sakic, Forsberg and Roy.

Its been an honour watching him, one of my favourites while growing up.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I know it's selfish for me to say but I'm really glad I didn't have to see Hejduk wear another team's jersey this year. Congrats on a great career.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just an incredible stat:

Brendan McNicholas ‏@bmcnich 2m
Only three NHL players scored more goals than Hejduk (343) from 1999-00 to 2010-11: Iginla (422), Hossa (373) & Kovalchuk (369). #Avs

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Duke is the man! What a great career hope to see him be involved with the organization down the road. And for sure have his number retired up their with Sakic, Roy and Forsberg. (I still don't count Bourque, that should never have been retired with us).

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
This'll be the sixth number we have retired. Just think of the line we could put on the ice with our retired numbers:
C Joe Sakic
LW Peter Forsberg
RW Milan Hejduk
D Ray Bourque
D Adam Foote
G Patrick Roy

If you could pick six Avs to put on the ice for one shift to win a game, that would be the group you would pick.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Still remember his rookie season with Drury. I feel damn old right now. I still remember the time I used to argue with my buddy that Duke was gonna score 50 goals before Lecavalier and when Duke got 50 in the final game boy was I an ass to him haha. He had awesome hands and a wicked accurate shot. My favourite memories of duke

1. That OT goal to eliminate the Sharks in 99'
2. That OT goal against the Stars. The move and the celebration.
3. 50th goal in the final game of the season. Taking the Maurice away from Naslund while Foppa took the Art Ross away from Naslund. All in one afternoon haha.
4. Game 2 against the Nucks in 2001. Similiar goal as the Dallas OT goal. Moved around Murray Baron and roofed it on Essensa. Screamed so loud I woke up my parents.
5. The back to back Penalty shot goals against Chicago and Tampa.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This'll be the sixth number we have retired. Just think of the line we could put on the ice with our retired numbers:
C Joe Sakic
LW Peter Forsberg
RW Milan Hejduk
D Ray Bourque
D Adam Foote
G Patrick Roy

If you could pick six Avs to put on the ice for one shift to win a game, that would be the group you would pick.

I'd put 2001 stanley cup playoffs Rob Blake out there over Footer and argue Duchene over Hejduk but it's still one great lineup. Amazing that they all played together at once.

Gearhead82

Saginaw Gears 72-83
Apr 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Still remember his rookie season with Drury. I feel damn old right now. I still remember the time I used to argue with my buddy that Duke was gonna score 50 goals before Lecavalier and when Duke got 50 in the final game boy was I an ass to him haha. He had awesome hands and a wicked accurate shot. My favourite memories of duke

1. That OT goal to eliminate the Sharks in 99'
2. That OT goal against the Stars. The move and the celebration.
3. 50th goal in the final game of the season. Taking the Maurice away from Naslund while Foppa took the Art Ross away from Naslund. All in one afternoon haha.
4. Game 2 against the Nucks in 2001. Similiar goal as the Dallas OT goal. Moved around Murray Baron and roofed it on Essensa. Screamed so loud I woke up my parents.
5. The back to back Penalty shot goals against Chicago and Tampa.

I saw the Tampa penalty shot in person. Anyway, God bless you Duke and enjoy the next chapter in your life. :handclap:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Jersey retirement at next seasons home opener?

I sure hope so, he deserves it.

On other note, boy did our legends go out in pretty crappy way, Å akić finished on the IR in one of the worst seasons in Avs history, Footer's last season was even worst, Patty against the Mild, Hejduk basically forced out and what can you say about Foppa.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Wish he could have gone out on better terms, but he still had one heck of a career. Look forward to the night his number is retired by the team because he definitely deserves it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad