GWG
FOW
SOG
BLK

Last edited:

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Heiskanen for sure. I prefer OEL but his plus minus is still a serious risk, but if your team can take it go for him. Suter is probably better for the plus minus and will get roughly the same amount of points (40 ish) as OEL , so it`s not a big drop Suter blocks more but OEL hits more, depends on league setup

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Heiskanen for sure. I prefer OEL but his plus-minus is still a serious risk, but if your team can take it go for him. Suter is probably better for the plus-minus and will get roughly the same amount of points (40 ish) as OEL , so it`s not a big drop Suter blocks more but OEL hits more, depends on league setup

+/- is a stat but its head to head so I try not to worry about it much because it really is a crapshoot week to week.

Hits are not a category but blocks are.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Personally, I think this is an easy OEL and Heiskanen, particularly if this is a keeper league (it wasn't specified)

Suter is still a fine enough player, but he is on the 'wrong side' of 30 and from here on out, I expect him to be more defensively oriented than offensively oriented, and while OEL's +/- may be an issue, he may see an uptick in that as I think Arizona is becoming underrated in their overall defensive play.

Heiskanen looks good, plays on a good team, has good D partners...no brainer.
I am a long time Suter fan, but for fantasy purposes, I think OEL supplants him now.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Thanks! I am curious. I was kinda surprised to see Hiskanen take the lead with OEL and Suter on the list. I felt indecisive but if I had to guess I thought it might be more like OEL=Suter > Heiskanen >> Morrissey but it sounds more like:
Heiskanen > OEL > Suter >> Morrissey

I doesn't look like Heiskanen broke out elite quite yet and he seems to be on the second pairing and second PP unit. Do you see him fully breaking out this season and topping Suter? Suter is starting to see the years he could possibly start taking a hit this season.

Really I am just curious I don't see this as too much of a season altering move.

It is a keeper but we only keep two and I usually keep a couple starting goalies just so I can set it and forget it even though I don't get a top forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad