Recalled/Assigned: Heineman & Norlinder Sent Down to Laval

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Justin weak soft awful in his zone Barron is safe...for now.

This Guy is better wake up soon because the way that he is playing defensively...he is better to do more than...60 points to establish himself in this league.

A defenseman except wizards like Karlsson and Coffey has to be at least average defensively..at least in my view to have some ice time on 5 vs 5 in the NHL

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Armia down based on camp? Perfect. Norlinder and not Barron send down based on camp? Makes no sense.
Yeah, it actually does.

Norlinder benefits from low expectations but he still is a sieve defensively, and Barron is a better skater.

Didn't Norlinder's agent say that he was going to refuse to go back to Laval?
I doubt he will refuse to report when he is this close to the NHL. And if he does take off, then he is not the kind of player we would want.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Habs officially down to 23. Barron starts the year in Montreal.

Four paper demotions to be cap compliant at 5pm, with $20,417 to spare:
RHP​
Guhle​
Harris​
Barron​
All four can be recalled tomorrow.

Xhekaj's cap hit not high enough to be demoted in place of Guhle.

Guhle's cap hit after recall will be $1.283M and Barron $1.200M, because potential bonuses will be included. However, at least they won't carry into next year.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Armia wasn't sent down just based on camps. He's been bad for several years now.
Barron played well in the nhl last season, so it makes more sense to keep him than Norlinder who had a few good preseason games.
Three consecutive seasons of exactly 14 points while appearing non chalant with most of his shifts led to his demotion. It's all on him.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I still don't understand the negativity towards Barron. He really hasn't played bad at all.

Is it just because he isn't a bruiser? Not every D-man needs to be rough and tough and their plenty of successful Dmen that aren't tough on opposing players physically.

Some people just seems to need to bash kids for reasons.

He hasn't been great in camp, but hasn't been atrocious either.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
maybe they're shopping Barron and Ylonen isn't waiver exempt so they're afraid he'd get claimed
Ylonen has proven he can skate in the NHL. Nothing special but he has some solid attributes.

MSL likes Barron and his game, when jumping into the play....
Hughes traded for Barron...he will get some leeway. Barron showed some good things last season.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Three consecutive seasons of exactly 14 points while appearing non chalant with most of his shifts led to his demotion. It's all on him.

Too bad he has 2 years left on his contract... best thing would be that he doesn't want to play in the AHL anymore and wants to terminate his contact... but yeah, thanks Bergevin for 3.4M$/season

Reactions: BJCOLLINS and Tyson

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Ylonen has proven he can skate in the NHL. Nothing special but he has some solid attributes.
I agree with the nothing special part.
;)
I think he's a perimeter player who's entirely
replaceable. I don't see the consistent goal scorer
others see. Hope he proves me wrong, but I suspect
he'll probably be traded at some point.
I think Heineman is better and roy is not far behind

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'll agree with the nothing special part.
;)
I think he's a perimeter player who's entirely
replaceable. I don't see the consistent goal scorer
others see. Hope he proves me wrong, but I suspect
he'll probably be traded at some point.
I think Heineman is better and roy is not far behind
I like Heineman much more but Hughes won't lose an asset like Ylonen for nothing. Heineman will be the 1st call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad