OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My new hip is awesome, absolutely no pain where the new ball & socket were installed. Still soreness where the incision is & where the doc had to manipulate muscle & tendon to insert the replacement. Doing PT at home- mostly stretching exercises and some time on the bike.

I doubt if I will be able to resume walking anytime soon though- my bad left hip is like, bad. Painful & sometimes not very stable. For physical & financial reasons I won't be able to replace that one for another 18 months at least.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My new hip is awesome, absolutely no pain where the new ball & socket were installed. Still soreness where the incision is & where the doc had to manipulate muscle & tendon to insert the replacement. Doing PT at home- mostly stretching exercises and some time on the bike.

I doubt if I will be able to resume walking anytime soon though- my bad left hip is like, bad. Painful & sometimes not very stable. For physical & financial reasons I won't be able to replace that one for another 18 months at least.
Yay for new hip and no pain, boo for not being able to walk yet. That has to be frustrating

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It got up to 71 degrees here today :oops: so I went for a quick walk on my lunch break. It was quite windy but nice to get outside and get some fresh air.

Still working on increasing my step count. This week just trying for at least 5k steps a day. So far so good.

Also made some 3 bean "chili" and meal prepped that into 8 servings. Cheap, healthy, and filling... I'm all for that right now lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It got up to 71 degrees here today :oops: so I went for a quick walk on my lunch break. It was quite windy but nice to get outside and get some fresh air.

Still working on increasing my step count. This week just trying for at least 5k steps a day. So far so good.

Also made some 3 bean "chili" and meal prepped that into 8 servings. Cheap, healthy, and filling... I'm all for that right now lol
I did a mile a few weeks ago and it felt so good. I just wish it was going to be warmer than the mid 30's this weekend. I still might bundle up and try for a 1/2 mile.

I'm doing intermittent fasting and food tracking through the Omo app and am down 6lbs. I have been going back and forth between 12:12 and 13:11 fasting. It has fasting plans for beginner, intermediate and advanced. It encourages a high protein diet and lots of water. I can still have my favorite foods but it is all about portion control and I'm slowly changing habits.

My favorite jeans fit again so I know it is working even if I am only down 6lbs.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Also trying to eat more salads. It's hard because I can't buy fresh produce in bulk without it going bad faster than I can use it all, and I don't want to stop at the store every other day lol.

Settled on a smaller bag of mixed greens. Chopped up some onion, sweet mini peppers and for a twist, added some black beans, which I've never used in a salad before. Pretty filling but I'll probably be passing gas all night LOL

Also, Skinny Girl poppyseed dressing is awesome. Only 10 calories for 2 tbsp, fat free and sugar free, but great flavor.

Anybody have any other easy to put together salad ideas for just one person? :laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Had my physical today and was pissed, albeit not surprised when I stepped on the scale.

I was honest with the doctor and with myself that it’s been a challenging winter between work and the little one and that I fell into way too much snacking at night.

I set a goal to lose 14 lbs in 8 weeks.
I’ll be going back for bloodwork then.

I typically shed the winter off weight gain around this time of year.
Gave up sweets for Lent.

Had steak and salad for dinner the past two nights.

Time to buckle the f*** down.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Trying to cook some different meals to avoid getting in a rut. Threw together a bunch of stuff from the freezer and pantry lol. Spinach, diced tomatoes, black beans, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, topped with mesquite grilled chicken breast.

Hey, at least it used up some ingredients I had on hand lol

20240223_185843.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Trying to cook some different meals to avoid getting in a rut. Threw together a bunch of stuff from the freezer and pantry lol. Spinach, diced tomatoes, black beans, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, topped with mesquite grilled chicken breast.

Hey, at least it used up some ingredients I had on hand lol

View attachment 824430
I want to make this so badly.

Without the beans (I'm allergic sadly) and red pepper flakes.

This looks delicious

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This weekend was "clean out the pantry and refrigerator" time. Man, was it a job and a half. But now I know what all I've got. Makes me much more likely to cook when I know what ingredients I have.

Also, I discovered I have approximately 3,752,694 freezer/ snack/ sandwich baggies in various sizes lol

20240224_171019.jpg
20240225_164331.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Three bean chili with grilled chicken. Extremely filling.

Still increasing my step count. Unfortunately my knees have decided to start killing me and I don't know why.

Getting old stinks. :thumbd:

But I'm not giving up!

20240228_172211.jpg

Reactions: smithformeragent

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just shy of 2 months and I've lost almost 18 pounds. I finally got my step count back up to 10k per day this week. I also started 16-8 intermittent fasting this week. I was down almost 4 pounds from last week. I think not eating after 6 pm really helps.

I seem to be really tired this week for some reason, more so than I should be. Does intermittent fasting cause that? At least if I feel like going to bed by 8, I'm not tempted to snack on anything, I guess. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Doctor appointment was this morning. Blood pressure was 104/60, which is a little low but for me is actually not unusual.

He's running a bunch of blood work just to check on some things like thyroid, iron level, etc.

He was happy with the weight loss. I go back for a physical October 4 and I'm hoping to lose about 50 pounds by then which I think is doable.

Ep7vQVzjoIAuI.gif

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have to get back on 16/8 fasting. I've been weaning myself off the third meal of the day but I keep cheating with snacks. Time to go cold turkey.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have to get back on 16/8 fasting. I've been weaning myself off the third meal of the day but I keep cheating with snacks. Time to go cold turkey.
I thought it would be a lot harder for me to stop eating after 6 but so far it hasn't really bothered me. And I've been sleeping better too.

There have been a couple mornings I was fairly hungry and perhaps even a little hangry :laugh: but it's been doable.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I thought it would be a lot harder for me to stop eating after 6 but so far it hasn't really bothered me. And I've been sleeping better too.

There have been a couple mornings I was fairly hungry and perhaps even a little hangry :laugh: but it's been doable.

The first time I did fasting I was so hungry the first 3 days I wanted to eat the carpet. Eventually my stomach adjusted and it never bothered me again. I had to go back on a 3 meal a day regimen after my surgery. The doctor said I needed to so my body would heal properly.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The first time I did fasting I was so hungry the first 3 days I wanted to eat the carpet. Eventually my stomach adjusted and it never bothered me again. I had to go back on a 3 meal a day regimen after my surgery. The doctor said I needed to so my body would heal properly.
I did have a couple very brief dizzy spells which the doc said could have just been a blood sugar issue. I might have to adjust it to a 14/10 fast. We'll see.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was trying to do the 30-minute circuit training at Planet Fitness the other night, and seriously nobody else respects the rules of that room, they just park on the machines for 20 minutes at a time.

I'm not confrontational so I don't want to call them out about it, and don't want to be a Karen and go to the front desk about it, so I stay silently annoyed.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was trying to do the 30-minute circuit training at Planet Fitness the other night, and seriously nobody else respects the rules of that room, they just park on the machines for 20 minutes at a time.

I'm not confrontational so I don't want to call them out about it, and don't want to be a Karen and go to the front desk about it, so I stay silently annoyed.
I used to do Curves years ago, and it would annoy me to no end when the circuit was mostly empty and inevitably someone would come in and take the machine right next to yours and take their sweet time getting off every machine. Sometimes I would just skip ahead of them.

I hate gyms anyway lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad