Pre-Game Talk: Headline; Wood used to kill Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Imagine that a bunch of hacks like us have been saying this for over two years. Its f***ing crazy stuff man.
Hrudey on HNIC says he thinks Tippett lost the room for the Koskinen comments after the Rangers game at the beginning of January. He also said an NHL scout told him that Tippett was playing McDavid and Draisaitl way too much.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just don't think Kane expected Draisaitl to feed him that back hand pass with that much zip and accuracy on it.

Give them a few games to build some chemistry and start feeding off each other and they'll start to click.
Took way too long and way too many poles

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Lol imagine if it was like ;

Hrudey on HNIC says he thinks Tippett lost the room for the Koskinen comments after the Rangers game at the beginning of January. He also said an NHL forum in consensus had it that Tippett was playing McDavid and Draisaitl way too much.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I just don't think Kane expected Draisaitl to feed him that back hand pass with that much zip and accuracy on it.

Give them a few games to build some chemistry and start feeding off each other and they'll start to click.
Considering theres maybe 1 player in the NHL who can pass that hard on the backhand, and it happened to be Draisaitl.

That backhand was harder than most forehand passes.

Handling that woulda been hard for even a player like McDavid.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why doesnthw lines looks so frigging weak??

Fogele Nuge Ryan could been a good 3rd line, but just isnt.

I love Benson with Macleod thougj. A banging forward with those would be ideal.
Why not call up that Marody giy, and play him with Nuge. Cant be worse than Yamamoto or Ryan

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There's a reason why the superstar players of any other team do not play as much as Connor or Leon. Most guys play between 15-20 minutes. During Tippett's reign the dynamic duo were playing 24-25 minutes and sometimes up to 28 or 29 minutes in close games or in the playoffs. That is a f*** ton of hockey, especially for guys who give 110% every shift. That's why you saw Connor cheat or not back skate hard and why we saw Lazy Drai.

As we go forward you're gonna notice McDrai being a lot more fresh later in a game. That's really gonna help us in the playoffs as well if we get there.
26 forwards in the NHL average 20+ a game.

3 are Oilers.
Draisaitl - 22:44
McDavid - 22:30
RNH - 20:16

If they can get all down to the 20-21 range it will help.

But the part about where most play 15-20 is a little disingenuous of players of their ability.

Most star players do end up playing around 20-21.

They dont even average a crazy amount more at 5on5 than other players.

McDavid - 17:02
Draisaitl - 16:41
Matthews - 16:19

Reactions: Rengorlex

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
26 forwards in the NHL average 20+ a game.

3 are Oilers.
Draisaitl - 22:44
McDavid - 22:30
RNH - 20:16

If they can get all down to the 20-21 range it will help.

But the part about where most play 15-20 is a little disingenuous of players of their ability.

Most star players do end up playing around 20-21.

They dont even average a crazy amount more at 5on5 than other players.

McDavid - 17:02
Draisaitl - 16:41
Matthews - 16:19
I'd like to see their ice times in the 18-22 range rather than the 21-25 range that Tippett was playing them. A couple minutes less a game may do wonders and be in line with most other stars get.

Reactions: Kaptah2

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Hrudey on HNIC says he thinks Tippett lost the room for the Koskinen comments after the Rangers game at the beginning of January. He also said an NHL scout told him that Tippett was playing McDavid and Draisaitl way too much.

Think this is an interesting perspective given how Drai and McD was very vocal in there support for Kosk. Might be something to it.

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
Think this is an interesting perspective given how Drai and McD was very vocal in there support for Kosk. Might be something to it.
It's interesting how some of the posters here think McDrai are god like creatures who can do nothing wrong, and seem to ejaculate in their pants while group-ranting that Koskinen is the worst goalie on the planet and goaltending is the sole reason we are not #1 team.

And then McDrai are very vocal in defending Koski :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It's interesting how some of the posters here think McDrai are god like creatures who can do nothing wrong, and seem to ejaculate in their pants while group-ranting that Koskinen is the worst goalie on the planet. And then McDrai are very vocal in defending Koski :laugh:

Good teammates defend their fellow teammates regardless of skill level, especially in public. Always good to pump up the tires of some of the the weakest links. That’s what good leaders do.

Reactions: Duke74 and Kaptah2

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
Good teammates defend their fellow teammates regardless of skill level, especially in public. Always good to pump up the tires of some of the the weakest links. That’s what good leaders do.
Yes, big respect to McDrai. McDavid specifically mentioning Koski in the interview shows that he thinks Koski has been treated unfairly by fans and coach, and is a well respected teammate.

Reactions: McBooya42 and Kolja

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's interesting how some of the posters here think McDrai are god like creatures who can do nothing wrong, and seem to ejaculate in their pants while group-ranting that Koskinen is the worst goalie on the planet and goaltending is the sole reason we are not #1 team.

And then McDrai are very vocal in defending Koski :laugh:
No one says goaltending is the sole reason why we aren’t a #1 team.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Why doesnthw lines looks so frigging weak??

Fogele Nuge Ryan could been a good 3rd line, but just isnt.

I love Benson with Macleod thougj. A banging forward with those would be ideal.
Why not call up that Marody giy, and play him with Nuge. Cant be worse than Yamamoto or Ryan
I think it will be a good 3rd line, just needs time. Nuge and Ryan are good positional players and Foegle is a good heavy forechecker. If there is a weak spot it is that all 3 have struggled offensively. I'd like to see some consistency with the lines though before making further changes. I understand the idea of Marody but in reality like Benson he just doesn't move the needle with the big club.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Next three games are critical. Need to win at least 2 out of 3.
I think all 3 are winnable games, I think the Oilers need to have this approach (winning 2 of 3) for the entirety of the season. I don't think it's impossible but I really question if our goalies can be solid enough that long. Need need need a solid goalie acquired in the next couple of weeks.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Considering theres maybe 1 player in the NHL who can pass that hard on the backhand, and it happened to be Draisaitl.

That backhand was harder than most forehand passes.

Handling that woulda been hard for even a player like McDavid.

Lol, yep that was a missile. From my couch I could just about see Kane's "Holy f***" facial expression.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I think it will be a good 3rd line, just needs time. Nuge and Ryan are good positional players and Foegle is a good heavy forechecker. If there is a weak spot it is that all 3 have struggled offensively. I'd like to see some consistency with the lines though before making further changes. I understand the idea of Marody but in reality like Benson he just doesn't move the needle with the big club.

Yes, agreed on consistency, so everybody find their place in the lines. Its frustratibg really, when you know that Fogele has had that game.
I like 7D game, because
oilers doesnt have 12 forward NHLers.
And
Oilers have a lot of promising Ds looking from outside to inside, and need just that experience. Perfect if Lagesson, Broberg and Niemilainen gets miniutes to cover for eachother.
But Lagesson is starting to worry me, he is already, what.. 25?

Last edited:
Reactions: McTedi

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

ABCD826F-BCFE-4274-9EE8-687594E3A0D6.gif

Get with the program.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Yes, agreed on consistency, so everybody find their place in the lines. Its frustratibg really, when you know that Fogele has had that game.
I like 7D game, because
oilers doesnr have 12 firward NHLers.
And
Oilers have a lot of oromising Ds looning from outside to inside, and need just that experience. Perfect if Lagesson, Broberg and Niemilainen gets miniutes to cover for eachother.
But Lagesson isvstartibg to wrry me, he isnalready, what.. 5?
Lags will be OK, I think he needs to improve on the finer details but overall he is a decent Dman. Maybe not a top 4 dman prospect but who knows. It is a steep learning curve for those guys, time will tell.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad